PimpSLAYER

Oct 27, 2002
Does anyone know of a good place to ride, motocross and or trails with some decnt camp grounds. I have looked at Haspin Acres and it seems okay, any one have some reviews about it, Thanks everyone!

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
There is Crow Canyon (www.crowcanyonmx.com) in Uhrichsville. I don't think there are any water or electric hookups (just a Port-a-Potty!), but they allow camping, have two mx tracks and tons of great trails. Post a reply if you need directions.

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
I did not like Haspin to well. It was overrun by drunks on quads... at least the day we went. The motocross tracks weren't much and the trails were wide enough for jeeps. I rode at Big Rock ATV park in Maysville, KY (right on the Ohio River) and it wasn't bad. They had better trails and a lot of fun hills to climb (http://www.bigrockatvpark.com). Plus, they don't allow alcohol. I'm not much for getting run over by drunks on 500 pound 4x4 quads, so I liked that aspect of the place.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Quads are God's way of punishing us two wheelers.

Haspin isn't too bad. It's probably the best place within an hour. I wouldn't camping there though. You'd wake up to giant swamp tires tearing through your campsite.

PimpSLAYER

Oct 27, 2002
All, thankyou for the reply's. I think that the boys and I will steer clear of haspin, I don't want to have quickly get on the pipe to avoid any drunken billies... I appericate all that have posted, now if only I can get a fun group together. If anyone else has more insight on good riding places, please keep posting, again thankyou!

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Someone today mentioned something to me about a track in Batavia right off 32. Not sure whats there. I may drive around down there on Saturday since it supposed to rain.. :whiner:

I'm always game for riding. drop me a line

kevin @ deadtoself.net

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by SPD
You can camp at Wayne. Only trails no mx.

We camp at WNF at Williams Camp Ground off of RT 595 (i think).  Williams Campground telephone number:  (740) 753-3611.

As for Haspin acres - went there once - my wife refuses to go back.   Too many unruly quads and emense amounts of dust.

Last edited:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
What is the end all, be all in Ohio for trail riding and camping? A bunch of my friends from all over the place want to ride your trails! I mean...this is where it all started anyway...right? :) We are not MXr's.... just trail riders!

WHERE IS WAYNE? Is that code? :)

If you have a mapquest link or directions too...that would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
WNF (wayne national forest) is an excellent place to ride, you could probably cover most of the trail in a long day of riding, but you'd be paying for it the morning after, it'd be a good weekend trip for ya'll to take, if you get off the main trails onto some of the side trails you'll find the good stuff :)

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by smb_racing
WNF (wayne national forest) is an excellent place to ride, you could probably cover most of the trail in a long day of riding, but you'd be paying for it the morning after, it'd be a good weekend trip for ya'll to take, if you get off the main trails onto some of the side trails you'll find the good stuff :)

Yea, there are some great hillclimbs off the trails. I was there this Saturday (may31st) with KelvinKDX and some of his riding buddies. We had a blast, a few wrecks, lots of laughs, and some mechanical problems(KelvinKDX;)). It was raining up till mid afternoon so it was pretty slick. Wet or dry WNF is a good place to ride. Bring a cattle prod. There are lots of quads.. :laugh:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by dead

Yea, there are some great hillclimbs off the trails. I was there this Saturday (may31st) with KelvinKDX and some of his riding buddies. We had a blast, a few wrecks, lots of laughs, and some mechanical problems(KelvinKDX;)). It was raining up till mid afternoon so it was pretty slick. Wet or dry WNF is a good place to ride. Bring a cattle prod. There are lots of quads.. :laugh:

SOME mechanical problems!!  I've never had so mauch go wrong with my bike in one ride.  Ok - so i may have encouraged it with that first high speed tree encounter (con't walk too well today).  I'll post a ride report elsewhere under "worst ride (for me) ever". :(

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
If you like trails and hills, Perry state forest is better for bikes. Wayne is very crowded with quads on the weekends. Also perry only requires the Ohio bike sticker, Wayne requires that, plus a "Wayne permit" $25/year. Perry is located just north of Wayne. Closest town is New lexington,OH
I would be glad to me you there and show you around as Perry is not well marked. Email me [email protected]

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I can do without the rutted out mud pits and 8 foot wide paths myself, so this sounds better! I still don't understand why people in this sport group all of us together like that. You'd think they would separate quads from bikes.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by rethnal
I can do without the rutted out mud pits and 8 foot wide paths myself, so this sounds better! I still don't understand why people in this sport group all of us together like that. You'd think they would separate quads from bikes.

I agree but the ruts and giant puddles(ponds) are challenging. You never know if the puddle you're riding through will drop off a few inches(or feet!) and send you over the bars. Oh, the fear and excitment..haha :aj:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Sure...but all I hear is them complain about fallen trees (in the river bottoms) that they can't get their couches around and I simply loft over or find a tight sqeeze through some trees. It is definately two different sports.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Perry is alright as well, sometimes I like to just play around on hills and whatnot. We rode just about everything there is to ride there the last time we went, it used to be an every other weekend trip for us. Wayne's closer though :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom