XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
Today was my first time back on DRN for a long time, been posting on Tumpertalk. So I paid to join. I am in bad need of other people to ride with. I noticed a few of you (dead & kelvinKXD) are from my area. Maybe I could hook up with you guys soon. I have my only riding buddy lined up for this week, Perry or Wayne. May meet some guys from thumpertalk at Wayne next week. Send me an email or PM. I ride at Wayne, Perry, Haspin mostly. I rode a couple enduros, got 4th in C class, and Hare Scrambles got 1st in C class. Guess I should try B class next time.

Attachments

• xr400-crop.jpg
    xr400-crop.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 96

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
If you know where to go at wayne it's not to bad. You have to stay off the main loop. Perry has some HUGE holes.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
It sounds like Wayne is easier to get around than Perry. Is that right? I'm not that good and like a less challenging ride. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) what would you guys rate these at?

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
At Wayne I like Long Ridge the best. Tight woods, less quads. I like Perry because it has hill climbs that are legal. At Wayne you can't ride off trail legally.

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by jfurniss
It sounds like Wayne is easier to get around than Perry. Is that right? I'm not that good and like a less challenging ride. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) what would you guys rate these at?

Yes Wayne is easier to ride, and you won't get lost, even though there is a lot of miles of trail. Just be careful of a head on crash with quads.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Personally I like Wayne more than Perry. Wayne just has a lot more trails. Longridge, Purdum, Main Corridor, etc. Some of the main loops do get a little busy on the weekends but there are a lot of side loops. I'm lost 1/2 the time I'm there. Dennis and I are talking about going this Sunday.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hmm, I might need to ride the main corridor more often, I can't believe I heard someone call wayne easier than perry :eek:
Perry is a drop in the bucket compared to wayne, there are legal side trails that can turn a day's worth of riding into a fight for survival (just ask half my buddies that went on the wayne ride), I believe Bill and Dennis remember the ride I'm talking about ;)

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by smb_racing
hmm, I might need to ride the main corridor more often, I can't believe I heard someone call wayne easier than perry :eek:
Perry is a drop in the bucket compared to wayne, there are legal side trails that can turn a day's worth of riding into a fight for survival (just ask half my buddies that went on the wayne ride), I believe Bill and Dennis remember the ride I'm talking about ;)

I think for a beginner, Wayne is better because the trails are well marked, if they stay on MC or DR, it's pretty easy. At Perry, you may wander into a swap, or come to a nasty hill.
I know the side trails at Wayne you speak of.

whtkdxtra

May 23, 2000
Have they done any trail maintenance at Wayne's? The last time I was there it was all rutted out from the quads. I was wondering where the money from the fees were going. Back to the original post, if you want to camp and ride Crow Canyon is a great place. No electricity though.

tcarp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Originally posted by el presidente
just some info. Honda Hills is closed

Not accroding to The owners...They have updated their website and you can call for daily updates. Track has been closed off and on due to weather but thats about it...

However..The place IS up for sale..

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom