GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Hey guys,

Seldon and I are planning to ride on the 15th and I'm planning on the 22nd also. For those of you who have never been to Barnwell, it's a good place to ride. 1800 acres of trails everywhere. They have recently completed a 19 mile peremiter loop that Seldon told me was really nice. They have all types of terrain so you shouldn't be lacking for excitment. Included is the link to Barnwell and in case you don't know, it's located in Gilmer, TX.

http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/

http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ohvareas/barnwell/index.html

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I've been to Barnwell once...last New Years weekend( mailed in my membership renewal today). Planning a trip sometime this winter. Can't wait to check out that perimeter trail :cool:

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I'll be glad to...trying to keep up with the locals is a great way to go in my book. In fact our group is planning a ride that same weekend. Our usual riding area is 3 hour drive from the house. Barnwell...about 7. However, the Forest Service has a thing for closing the place down when it rains...imagine that, rain in south La. :coocoo: From what I'm seeing so far...it doesn't look too promising. It might be a trip to Barnwell after all. I'll keep ya' posted and thanks for the invite.

Matt

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Barnwell Bound

Hey Ghostrider,

Looks like plan "B" for us. Our area is closed due to excessive rain. We will be heading for Barnwell on Friday(probably arrive about 7 pm). We'll most likely be camped at the RV hookups. Look for a White/Silver Ford F-250 FX4 pulling a Prowler camper with a drop down rear door.On the rear door is a "Will Race For Food" sticker....Hope to see ya' on Sat.. :yeehaw:

Matt

Zapped

Sep 14, 2004
Ghostrider,

Sorry I missed your call last night, was on the net... :coocoo: I look forward to Saturday's ride, gotta change a rear tire this afternoon. Looks like I may be able to make it next Saturday too! :cool: :ride:

Mark

Last edited:

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
How ya doing Daren. I plan on being at Gilmer for the GNCC races at the end of the month. I am having some hand/wrist issues that are job related and I am afraid of carpal tunnel They started around Thanksgiving and never went away. I have been sitting on my bike looking at it for now. Boring! I want to make sure this thing goes away without causing myself any more problems. I am playing a little cautious until I understand more.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Hey Randy,

Good to hear from you. If I'm off, I might join you at the GNCC race. Have to check with the other boss too.....she might have other plans. :)

Randy, let me know when you can ride and well get together.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
By the way,

We had a nice ride today, met up with Mahols and Zapped and actual riding time was probably 6 or 7 hours. 90% of the trails were in perfect condition. Damp enough so no dust. There were a few mudholes though.

It was interesting with all the jeeps there today. Lots of mudders and rock climbers. Oh we did see a guy in a new Hummer H2 tear up part of the bodywork. Man, he definately has more money than me......or may'be I have more sense than him, if I had a Hummer, it wouldn't be at Barnwell. :nener:

Top Bottom