Ward

Jan 23, 2006
I know it's still a week away, but I have to be North for work. I am looking at riding Caberfae on Friday the 16th. Is anyone looking to ride that day or another place nearby?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Im already taking the 12th off. I dont think I can get away the following Friday too. Boss (the wife) may not like that.

Mar 21, 2005
There's a chance I could go, it's one of my normal Friday's off. We are heading up there camping, at Mitchell State Campground, and I'll probably take the bike if there's room. Too early to tell right now.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
cadillac

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
that may be what he is talking about , caberfae is a ski resort in cadillac, many snowmobile trails around there

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
snowmobile trails? I thought you couldnt ride those. sounds like a a potential "low fly zone". :p

I'd be up for something else. 5th gear pinned all day on a snowmobile trail would get a little old.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
missaukee is a nice ride, most likely what he's talking about

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Wolf Child said:
snowmobile trails? I thought you couldnt ride those. sounds like a a potential "low fly zone". :p

I'd be up for something else. 5th gear pinned all day on a snowmobile trail would get a little old.
The M.C.C.C.T. runs from Lincoln Hills up through the area to Grand Traverse.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ward said:
The M.C.C.C.T. runs from Lincoln Hills up through the area to Grand Traverse.

Wolfy the Caberfae trail is the Mccct as Ward said. Some really nice trail up there. That is part of the legendary Boon Run. There is also lots of snowmobile trail in that area to run around on. If its legal for a car/truck to run on your platted bike can run down there.

The Caberfae trail is one of the trails that I help do the mainenantce on. we were just out there about a month ago should be in good shape. unfortunately we took out all the log crossings so you wont be able to bone up on your crossing skills :nener:

Mar 21, 2005
ellandoh said:
that may be what he is talking about , caberfae is a ski resort in cadillac, many snowmobile trails around there
No, he's not talking about the ski resort or the snowmobile trails. A section of the MCCCT in the area is commonly called Cabrafae due to being near there

Oops, didn't see the 2nd page before quoting. :coocoo:

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
MIsingletracker said:
No, he's not talking about the ski resort or the snowmobile trails. A section of the MCCCT in the area is commonly called Cabrafae due to being near there.

i was referring to missaukee being near their and many sledrunnners may use the same name year round but now i see its a local yocal thing :)

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Any confirmations for Friday and where does anyone want to met? Traditional Caberfae trailhead okay?

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
May have to bail. I"m headed to Chicago tomarrow to look at a new toy. I could always just pick up 131 out of Chicago and head to Cabberfey to play with new toy. :)

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
SNDMN2 said:
May have to bail. I"m headed to Chicago tomarrow to look at a new toy. I could always just pick up 131 out of Chicago and head to Cabberfey to play with new toy. :)
Bring the new toy, then everyone can take a test ride.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
All right spill it Rick. What you buying now?????
it better not be a quad! :yikes:

I know those "tards" on the rock had you drooling. :rotfl:

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
Quick ride/injury report. Riding the MCCCT in Caberae area the last two days has been great. Not too dusty, but boy has the foliage grown in. A lot of blind corners and branchs in the face. And plenty of fun, especially the trail north of Boon and M115.

However in my rush to ride early this morning before the heat, I manage to hit a stump and pinball off some trees. I am now laid up with a broken leg and need surgery to set it. Doesn't look like I'll be riding until September. :(

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Damn man that sucks. I hope someone was out there with you to pull your broken carcass otta the woods.?? Keep us informed on the leg sugery.

Lots of new growth in there huh??? Man thats not what i want to hear. I help maintainte that trail. We were just out there a month ago and did a lot of brushing. It just keeps on growing back.

Top Bottom