83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
hey all, as you all read (in many places in the section forums) im planning on getting an 04 CRF230F either in March or April, which ever one comes first, the time or the money. anyhoo....... i need some more gear if im getting another bike. so with that said. i have the helmet, goggles, pants, gloves, jersey, (as i ride an atv) i have everything except the chest protector and boots. my friend has the Tech 6 style of boots, but wow :yikes: there's a hefty price tag that goes along with them. $450 out the door. so im looking at getting the Answer's and either a black or clear chest protector. i'd like to keep the price around the $250 mark but if i have to i will pay more i guess as i really need the pro, and boots. what kind of pro do you recommend. oh and btw i live in Salmon Arm BC Canada. but you can give me a US price.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Tech 6's for $450? are you sure they weren't talking about the new Tech 10's? MX south has Tech 6's for $233.95 US.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Thor T-30 Boots - $129.95 (my favorite boots)
Thor chest protector - $79.95

Thats the local shop price so it might be alittle more/less online or by you.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Don't pay so much for your gear! If the local dealers are ripoffs, then order from the US.

I just bought tech 8's for less than what you are talking for tech 6's. My tech 8's cost me about CDN$425 including shipping, and tax after buying them for US$279. You could get tech 6's for just over $300 all in.

The key to getting fair prices from the US is not to use UPS, or Fedex with their rediculous brokerage fees.

For all your bike stuff cheap, try the place I use:
Central Alabama Motorsports in Clanton, AL.
205-280-0601
fax: 205-280-0920

Tell them Phil Jensen sent you and they will ship by USPS global express mail and it will arrive in 4-6 days and there will not be bull$hit fees added on.

Very nice people, but old school. No web site, no email. I just fax all my orders.

Typically things purchased there are 40% or more cheaper than buying locally here.

HTH,
Phil

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
holy crap thanx. ya i am thinking about the Answer Team 2 boots. from www.royaldistributing.com they are $219.00 bfore taxes and crap. then i gotta get a chest protector too. and i got a used rear tire from my neighbour last night. it will work perfect. so i just gotta get a new rim liner and tube and then mount the tire on the rim.

purp

Feb 22, 2005
I order off the fox website. foxracing.ca It's a canadian site so everything is in canadian dollars. Go to the sale items first. I have Tracker boots. They are great and only $200. shipping is really reasonable too. They have them in adult and kids sizes. The kids are cheaper if your lucky enough to have small enough feet.

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
FWIW I know the Wyatt's at Central Alabama Motorsports personnaly and you will not meet a better dealer anywhere. They are a little old school but you will never second guess them on anything. They even have a leave us a check under the door mat policy for picking up parts after hours.

Dan

purp

Feb 22, 2005
I checked out the fox site for size 9. They have them in the Tracker boot older syle for $199.99 and the new style for $269.99. I think shipping is $10 max. I just order a bunch of stuff and shipping only came to $7.50. They sell the same boots in the store for at least $100 more. Hope that helps you out.

Where do you ride out in Salmon Arm? I'm in Kamloops and Greenstone mountain has endless trails everywhere. If you ever come here to ride just take the road to Cache Creek. About five minutes after you turn off the highway to Cache Creek you'll see Greenstone road to your left. You'll never run out of trails there. It's probably a bit snowy there yet but with this weather we've been having it shouldn't be for much longer.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
wow PURP i never realized that you lived so close to me. have you ever been to Salmon Arm? i live near Mount Ida. and i ride mostly there. and sometimes Larch Hills. i cant get my new bike till like august or september and im getting my N in July. so maybe we could set up a ride for like sept or something. Mount Ida has enless trails too. you can ride all day long and not hit the same trail twice. and its good, because if you get lost, you can just head downhill and it will eventually lead you to the bottom. where abouts in Kamloops do you live?

purp

Feb 22, 2005
I live in Westsyde. Lots of riding really close to me. I've been to Salmon Arm lots of times for work and to play hockey. I've never riden out there though. It's not that far, only and hour and a half but when so much riding is 20min away it's hard to go farther.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
ya thats like me too. there is lots of riding here. all i have to do is hop on a bike/quad and head up the road about 300 yards then i have access to tons of trails. its great.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom