MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Howdy, I recently moved from Bakersfield to Fresno (Clovis)...looking for people to ride with & new places to go. The only place I know of around this area (that is legal) is Miami Hill's past Oakhurst. If anyone knows of some places to go & needs a rookie to tag along, email me!

My name is Matt, I'm 29...ride a 97 KLX300, have entered a few enduro's, riding skill is still lacking however. I usually ride in the Bakersfield area, Ballinger Canyon, Gorman, & the high desert (Dove Springs, etc.). I'm not opposed to driving a few hours, I just wanna ride!!

:think matt

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Hey there Matt, check out the Elkins flat ride thread for a good weekend of woods riding. If your planning another ride down at Miami creek I'm willing to go down there sometime(Sun,Mon). How are trails looking at Miami right now?

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Placelast, what a coincidence, I'm going to next weekends TWMC event, high desert enduro. I'll be hanging out with Dean Bishop. We had attended the Stoddard Valley enduro back in 99 & we were hooked. I ended up moving due to a job change so I never joined, but Dean did.

Introduce yourself & I'll have a tall NewCastle ready for ya! I'm driving an old white 81 Ford F-150, Dean will have a T-100 & camper.

I have entered the 'family' enduro at Clear Creek, wouldn't dare do the real thing. Clear Creek is a heck of a drive, but a great area to ride.

Fremontguy, email me & we can set up a time to ride Maimi Hills. I've been meaning to get that way, but recently had my 3rd (and last!) child, so riding has taken the back burner. This enduro on the 5th will be my first ride in a good long while.

matt

Last edited:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
MCassle: placelast=johngill :D

...figured U were busy w/new job/city/family. On occasion I've asked Deano how U'all were doing...

We'll B there ~noon-1pm, that's if my wife's feeling better by the w/e. If not, say hi to Dean.

BTW, there are other DRNers who go: brett r, Eric E. (The Eel), JeffW. (RMJeff), Jeff B. (enduroaddict), & ready2rip. (others?)

Ever have your suspension redone? It'd be the best improvement U can do 4 your 300...

Oh: pls, pls post your ride report in the Enduro fourm come Monday ;)

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
Welcome to Fresno! Clear Creek is not that bad if you go out through Coalinga. The trails at Miami should be pretty good now that the last of the rains have come. A little too dusty in the summer, though. There is an off road park to the east of Merced, also, that is run by the Stanislaus County Parks department that is okay if you want to play a little. If you are feeling a little more adventurous, head over to Carnegie. It's off of I-5 north towards Tracy. It takes about an hour and half to get there and on weekends it gets a little crazy. Above Shaver Lake there are a lot of trails and fire roads, also. Good luck at the new job and with the newest member of the family!

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Heh heh, small world eh John? Still have your Suzuki? Yeah, I need to redo the suspension, but when I didn't ride for about 8 months, the bike didn't receive much attention either. I've recently been on some rides in Nevada & I'm slowly getting back into it. Looking forward to this weekend, I'm going to bring my oldest(6). Dean says he has a old 50 that my daughter can try. She is so jazzed about going!

KLX Spode: Cleer Creek is worth the drive, no doubt. I've thought about attending some of the other D36 enduros just to experience the new areas/terrian. Saw your post in a KLX post & tried to email you, but DRN says that you don't accept them. Email me if you want to ride sometime.

matt

Top Bottom