SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
I have a duff oil seal on my sons 03 RM 125 that I need to replace. I have the workshop manual, and have reviewed the appropriate section(haven't done anything yet)....but boy, it looks involved. I chatted with a local MX shop mechanic who thinks the RM has 'twin cartridge' forks (wasn't sure), which I think means you have two separate oil systems that don't mix, subtank and ...whatever the other is called!
In summary...does anyone have links to a good tech. guidance document I can follow to change oil seals on said bike. I am pretty experienced with mechanics, having done many engine rebuilds, but suspension is a whole new world for me.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
You will need some special tools. A seal driver for sure. Look on Mx-tech website. you will find a step by step guide like you are looking for.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its real easy to do, just remember to heat the outer tube when you separate them.

the first time i did the seals on my RM, i used a makeshift seal driver- they leaked soon after and getting them apart was a problem, so its well worth buying the proper seal driver for the job.

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
Thanks guys, I just found some tech articles on JW's Mx-Tech site, from looking at these and the bike/year/applications, I have 2312 Twin Chamber Forks.
The Suzuki manaual just doesn't do it for me, you can tell by reading it that the people who wrote the manual weren't fully au-fait with the process!, I guess Suzuki buy in forks from Showa, and just bolt them on.

Top Bottom