xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
i just got my first bike ( that means one that i can efford :p) and i noticed that it hase some issues. the oil drain screw has been broken, and the bike kinda accelerates slow and wont go at high rpm's can someone tell me what this is or is it just me complaining for nothing :coocoo: the bike was standing still for a mont or so so this could be the issue or the engine is not warm enough i just dont know, maybe its the fact of me stepping from four stroke to two stroke... the weirdest thing is that when i am riding at 20 mph and slowly turn the throtle open it says bwoop and will pull away slowly, and if i pop the clutch it still accelerates slow but faster, or is this normal with a two stroke, i know it needs to be in its powerband but im almost sure that the rpm is to low at full throtle

thanks in advance.

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
id try taking the carb off and cleaning it also if you know where the pwrevalve is you can take that out its fairly simple if that dont work try jetting it properly billspipes has jetting specs on their website.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Check the power valve and make sure the carb is clean. Also make sure you have fresh fuel.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
powervalve? i saw this thing on my exhaust port that goes up and down and takes hot air into your carter, does any one know what this is? it was disconected when i opened it up, so i fixed it, and the bike is working fine now, just cleaned the spark plug and took care of that exhaust thing.

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
well im not sure but it dont matter as long as it works now lol congrats

colbyc28

Dec 1, 2006
Kevin... that sounds like the linkage that controls your powervalve.... I worked on my nephews bike, and forgot to hook that back up... he rode it a bit and said "there is no power band"... I took that cover off, fixed that, and it ran like a champ. If the KTM's are still passing you, there still may be issues. Check your compression and all of that good stuff. Clean the carb....

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
my nephews bike is from 1989 and it is the same model, but he has more compression then i do, im thinking to change my top end and my piston. the problem is that i never rode a two stroke only a 4 stroke 450... and with the mud on the track i could not open the throtle couse when i did i took a highsider. its just too damn muddy here knowing that is christmas... could someone tell me how to adjust my powervalve to have more low end couse it's so damn muddy here. thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom