rmxfixme

Oct 13, 1999
I finally ordered the correct springs for my weight (0.41-175 lbs-enduro) from Race-Tech. The say I need to install "custom" 15mm spacers (I guess the springs they sell are too short for this application). The bike is a 1994 RMX. The forks are inverted Showa's. I would guess that a 15mm thick "washer" placed on top of the spring before the cap is threaded on is what I need. I have access to a machine shop so I was going to turn them myself. I need ID and OD and any other details, if available.

Thanks

Brian

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
RMX,
Make sure when you lay it out that all washers, spacers are indexed by something. If they float around you could have some major issues with the top of your (Chrome portion) of the tube.
Regards,
Jer

rmxfixme

Oct 13, 1999
I was thinking of turning up some 15mm thick washers out of aluminum or delron. The OD would be about 1/4" larger than the OD of the spring, the ID would be large enough so that the piston rod, nut, and rubber damper would fit thru, and there would be a lip on the spring end that would go insdte the spring to keep the spacer centered. Does this sound about right ?

rmxfixme

Oct 13, 1999
Thanks for the info Jeremy. My bike was great in the woods and the rough stuff, but got kinda "nervous/twichy" on the faster runs. It was sprung .37/5.2 and I'm changing it to .41/5.4 (I'm 175lbs w/o gear). I'm hoping it will be a little more stable at speed.

Brian

Top Bottom