Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
With the relentless winter this season a group of 4 of us made a road trip to Zanesville Ohio this weekend for some riding Sat and Sunday. Denny and my self a couple 53 year olds and a couple 26 year old young bucks. Weather was great both days, sunny and 55 on Sat and cloudy and 50 on Sunday. We rode on farmland-all private property. Ohio is slick when wet so we got some great practice in that stuff, crossed about 100 cricks and climbed the slikc banks, rode off camber most of the time except if we were going up hill or down hill-all tight single track trails. 2 of the guys had virgin 2008 KTM's and they got 'em really dirty. On Saturday we were at "bill's" farm where he had the cleanest barn I ever seen in my life-we got to change clothes in it. We all had some interesting crashes given the difficulty of the terrain-but I think my slow Motion forward endo was a top contender. Going down a slick hill the front wheel dropped into a small hole but there was an unseen rock on the lip that stopped my tire and over I went. Dennny (TCTTrailrider) got to see it all. :nod:

After our ride Saturday we spent countless quarters at the car wash and cleaned the bike. Took shiowers and looked for food-found an obscure Italian restaurant and cked it out. It ended up being awesome food-a reald find.

Sunday we rode from another farm and the first loop was the most fun riding of the weekend. Up and down hills, off camber trails, through creeks-a real blast. We ended up ridng that loop 3-4 times. We went and helped remove some trees from the DS route for their upcoming event as our trail guides were laying out new trails. If a Michigan Dual Sporter went down there for this DS ride they would be in for a shock-this stuff is tougher than most MI/Indiana event trails!! This ain't dirt roads, 2 tracks and ORV trails fo sho!

Good times, great memories and great company all weekend. :cool:

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
I am looking to do drive a few hours south for some riding with my boys for this upcoming weekend (April 4-6). Eyeballing Ohio, but it slooks like the Wayne National Forest is closed to riding until April 14th. :bang:

Any suggestons anyone? Anthing in Indiana?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
GregB said:
I am looking to do drive a few hours south for some riding with my boys for this upcoming weekend (April 4-6). Eyeballing Ohio, but it slooks like the Wayne National Forest is closed to riding until April 14th. :bang:

Any suggestons anyone? Anthing in Indiana?

NOT UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEBODY.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
good ride for sure. Never ridden a Dual Sport before, crusing around on two tracks sounds boring. Well the Ohio guys have a new definition of dual sport. The April 20 ride in Zanesville is more like an untimed Enduro with lots of AA sections. It was wet, hilly and tight. Toughest 50 miles I've ever ridden, and it took 2 days to do it. The 200 doesn't feel so light, dragging it up hills with 100 lbs. of clay attached. Kicked my butt for sure, but had a blast. Dropped the bike on one hill and couldn't keep my feet under myself to pick it up. Had to drag in down the hill to the base of a tree to get enough footing to stand and lift the bike. Ohio clay is slick. Looking forward to some good ole sandy whoops.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
An Ohio Dual Sport sounds A LOT like the one in Upland (July 13th - AFTER a Family Enduro). Fred, Bill Fritz and I rode it last year and had a great time. I am looking forward to a return trip to Indiana.

Top Bottom