domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
I knew my shock bearing was bad ,but I rode it anyway... Now my rocker arm is toast. $140.00 from the dealer !! Do I have any other way to go? (I already have pivot works bearing kits)
Thanx, Domino

cyclebradd88

Apr 19, 2003
Take it to a local machinist and have it sleeved. Should be under $50 if you find a guy that works from his garage. Go to your local metal supply house and ask the counter guy. Also, find a local machinist supply and check with them. You will find someone.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If you are going to have it worked on, consider upgrading it somehow. Bore it to a larger bearing, one more easily available or available in better qualities than the junker you are stuck with from kawi.

Maybe a bearing replacement material..teflon or somesuch would be good to consider.

This bearing is pretty much failed all the time. I have serviced my link as often as four times a year...and ALWAYS had to replace that bearing until I started using a special (read: expensive!) grease (Hydrosyn-70). Now I get a couple of regreasing efforts out of the puny thing.

Look at a brand new one from Kawi.....you will see that the rollers are crooked in the shell from the start. Too much space!! A new bearing doesn't 'roll' for diddle, let alone a bearing that has been pounded, dragged thru mud and water for hundreds of miles.

imo and all that.......

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom