Rookie needs easy help with JR50 basics! Quick!

rcinomaha

Apr 28, 2007
Hi out there - I am left here with my JR50, which my husband put up for sale. It has sold, but he's not here and I can't get in touch with him. I have started it (Yay!), but I have four other questions that are easy enough to give you a great laugh. Go ahead, laugh, but PLEEEEEEEASE answer.
1) I have had the choke lever down (open). Do I need to close it once the bike is started?
2) Also coming out of this - the bike is running for a while, but if I don't continue to give it gas via the throttle - it winds down and dies. Is this normal? Again, please don't kill me for these.
3) Do I need to do anything with the gas lever? I had it on off after being on for a little and the stupid bike was still running. Is this possible?
4) Last dumb question - how do I get from neutral to the "go" gear? Do I just shove the shifter down?

I'm used to a street bike - this "roughin it" is killing me. Thank you for your patience!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
rcinomaha said:
Hi out there - I am left here with my JR50, which my husband put up for sale. It has sold, but he's not here and I can't get in touch with him. I have started it (Yay!), but I have four other questions that are easy enough to give you a great laugh. Go ahead, laugh, but PLEEEEEEEASE answer.
1) I have had the choke lever down (open). Do I need to close it once the bike is started?
2) Also coming out of this - the bike is running for a while, but if I don't continue to give it gas via the throttle - it winds down and dies. Is this normal? Again, please don't kill me for these.
3) Do I need to do anything with the gas lever? I had it on off after being on for a little and the stupid bike was still running. Is this possible?
4) Last dumb question - how do I get from neutral to the "go" gear? Do I just shove the shifter down?

I'm used to a street bike - this "roughin it" is killing me. Thank you for your patience!

1) the choke lever is supposed to be down when you drive.

2)It could be a number of things. Im not really sure what you can do...

3) It will still run for a little after you shut the gas off. Up or down is on. And sideways is off.

4) If it is in neutral, to get to first you hit it down, then the rest of the gears are up. Then to get it into neutral go all the way down to first, and lightley pull up yu you feel it click.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Moparman1539 said:
4) If it is in neutral, to get to first you hit it down, then the rest of the gears are up. Then to get it into neutral go all the way down to first, and lightley pull up yu you feel it click.
You've never even seen a JR50 have you?
As memory serves...
Up is neutral and down is go.
No clutch or nothing, just shift it. When it's in gear it won't start moving til you give it the gas.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
OldTimer said:
You've never even seen a JR50 have you?
As memory serves...
Up is neutral and down is go.
No clutch or nothing, just shift it. When it's in gear it won't start moving til you give it the gas.

Ive never ridden one, but i have seen them...

Ive only every ridden a PW-50. And i cant remember exactually what it was like.

But what he said

Top Bottom