roughest on suspension: woods or mx track.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hey guys, do you think rooted woods is rougher on suspension than whoops and landing on the mx track?

what adjustments to clickers would you recommend for taking a mx bike to the rooted woods?

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
Im an mxer thru and thru so mx is of course way harder on suspension? If i took my mx bike to an offroad enduro style event the first thing i would do is tune my suspension as soft as possible to suit the conditions. I would wind my shocks high speed comp way out and low speed out a couple to. I would also set my shock sag to 110 mm. Shock rebound should be ok or a click faster. Fork compression would also be made softer looking for small bump compliance. This is of course all a comprimise as mx and enduro suspension both require a differant setup for best results.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Top Level riders with a good suspension will change very little. Like mentioned a few clicks or two softer on compression for slow rocky, rooty sections. Supercross style Mx is different and will be stiff all around for outdoors. Normal outdoor MX and alot of offroad racing (harescrambles, GNCC ) will have very close settings. Not much difference hitting a bunch of tight breaking bumps on the MX track or roots on the trail ... IMO

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom