whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Davie said:
I’m a new Super Cross fan always loved it but just started following it @ 36, anyway is there a certain length to a track just different obstacles? are all tracks the same length?
Welcome aboard! There are no specific numbers or lengths of tracks, chaos rules. The last 2 years the powers to be are letting x and current pros make track designs. Ando400, them CR numbers look good on paper. Straight up, he has never beat JBS or RC. CR, a great rider in his own league, the next best is a current joke for sure! I do not even know who it would be right now, nolaw, Grant, Short, or sickly RV? When they pass mr second place, I will know!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Davie said:
I’m a new Super Cross fan always loved it but just started following it @ 36, anyway is there a certain length to a track just different obstacles? are all tracks the same length?

The tracks differ week to week, and are designed to fit the available space. Most will have some sort of whoop section, a rythym section, a triple, etc... The designer usually tries to throw in something that is a little different, like a sand section, for example.

For the top riders, the shortest tracks have lap times around 0:45, which only gives a 15 minute main event. The longest track is usually Daytona, around 1:20 laps.

Most tracks are around 0:50 lap times for the very best guys. Anything close to 1:00 is a long track.

Travis' track was pretty short by lap time, but it felt like the fans were getting their money's worth!

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
At this point, obviously Reed has grasped the fact that NOT EATING IT is more valuable than all out speed. JBS is still going for all out speed and really just hoping that he keeps his razor sharp focus for all 20 laps.

Honestly, I think JBS needs to come to terms with the fact that Reed has gotten fast enough to where he can no longer completely and utterly dominate him like before. Maybe this whole "riding within your means" thing, while not exciting....is a far more reliable way to earn a Championship.

I also don't see JBS sticking with Yamaha.

Edit - I also noticed no Tim Ferry and no Ryan Villipoto? At one point I thought I saw Davalos in the pits, but never saw him race?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Yep, no Ferry, Villopoto or Davalos.

Hopefully they will have have better luck outdoors this year.

I think Billy Laninovich was on Ferry's factory Kawasaki, and got it into the main event.

Davie

Mar 5, 2009
thanks for the replys! Is there anymore races like the outdoor races or others being aired soon? I can't wait until sundays to watch the races and have the DVR set so I watch them a few times. I have been kicking myself for not going to Louisiana and or Missouri races I live in the middle of them Arkansas.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana

Attachments

• Travis and Dave.jpg
    Travis and Dave.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 110

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Daisy, meet Chef Dave! Mitch at work with, who is that? Kenny showing off his favorite white boots?

Attachments

• D&D.jpg
    D&D.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Mitch.jpg
    Mitch.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Kenny!.jpg
    Kenny!.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 112

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
Micahdawg said:
At this point, obviously Reed has grasped the fact that NOT EATING IT is more valuable than all out speed. JBS is still going for all out speed and really just hoping that he keeps his razor sharp focus for all 20 laps.

Honestly, I think JBS needs to come to terms with the fact that Reed has gotten fast enough to where he can no longer completely and utterly dominate him like before. Maybe this whole "riding within your means" thing, while not exciting....is a far more reliable way to earn a Championship.
:nod:

At least Stewart is gracious when he messes up. For that he'll always have my respect and admiration. But yeah, missing a gear and going down on the step up, or just dumping your bike certainly doesn't compensate for "everything". (XR-P)-I don't think you can discount Reed's consistency. They are on the same track with the same issues, and he is extremely consistent. That is smart and skilled racing.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
XRpredator said:
while Reed might be the "grittiest" racer out there, and he has managed to be where he needs to when he needs to, he'll always have the fact that he's never beaten Stewart when Stewart didn't crash hanging over his head like the sword of Damocles.

Not that I'm a fan of either one, but I'm ready for Reed to beat Stewart straight up, then he can shut the critics (like me) up, and live up to his warrior status.

To be fair... According to SPEED, NOBODY has beaten Stewart in SX when he didn't crash. Unfortunately for him, he crashes a lot.

As a Stewart fan, I'm still ready for Reed to have his "off" night. James has already had 1 bad night, and one REALLY bad night (A1). If it wasn't for that DNF at A1, JBS would have a sizeable points lead right now.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
YamaB said:
To be fair... According to SPEED, NOBODY has beaten Stewart in SX when he didn't crash. Unfortunately for him, he crashes a lot.

As a Stewart fan, I'm still ready for Reed to have his "off" night. James has already had 1 bad night, and one REALLY bad night (A1). If it wasn't for that DNF at A1, JBS would have a sizeable points lead right now.

If frogs had wings . . .

I like both Stewart and Reed,, and I see Stewart getting more mature every year, I really thought he had grown enough to stay off the ragged edge this year.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
YamaB said:

You just can not say enough about someone who goes for it all, to win the top spot. This is a form of motocross, there is only 1 winner? I do not think I am truly a JBS "fan", BUT, he goes for it! He always gives 110 percent. CR is older and wiser, and he will never get .75 seconds a lap faster and he will NEVER go through the pack, like JBS. I am truly not a CR hater, he is what he is though. I am a Nolaw hater though, and he is making it really hard, he was shredding!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I am a Nolaw hater though, and he is making it really hard, he was shredding!

I said to my brother that if he keeps his mouth shut, and just shows what he can do on the track, he'll earn some respect back.

It seems like that's what he's doing now. I also think he seems more suited to the 450 than the 250. Almost like he's riding more over his head on the little bike.

Dec 7, 2008
the point lead is 11 so if stewart can win every race (doubt it) and reed comes in 2nd every time bubba will win by 1 point

i want to see bubba win 4 straight and lose the last one to lose the title

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
and he will never get .75 seconds a lap faster and he will NEVER go through the pack,

You don't think reed has got faster this year compared to last?
I mean he is still putting a gap on everyone else, which he didn't seem to be doing last year as much. He would be winning solidly every time if not for Stewart, which he did not do last year. And he has had to fight his way through the pack too. Maybe not as quick as Stewart, but maybe smarter then Stewart.

I don't consider myself a reed fan too much, but he's really proving himself this year. I think he has stepped up speed (even though he may be slightly slower then that insanely fast guy...hey sometimes Carmichael was too).
He has proven consistent. Doesn’t make excuses when he is slower.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ericz103 said:
You don't think reed has got faster this year compared to last?
Not faster than a Stewart who stays on two wheels (or even a J-Law who might get in shape)
ericz103 said:
[Reed] has proven consistent. Doesn’t make excuses when he is slower.
nah, except for the sand in his mangina

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
XRpredator said:
Not faster than a Stewart who stays on two wheels (or even a J-Law who might get in shape)
nah, except for the sand in his mangina
Yep yep and yep! BUT, I really would have bet the bank that CR's mangina would have showed its ugly head at St.Louis. THAT, I have to give him props, or Roger, that it did not happen, yet!

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
If you look up the fastest lap times of the night in the big class it was Stewart with 45.43, Reed with 45.73, Grant with 46.93.....then everyone else. If both JBS and Reed just put down their fastest laps for all 20, JBS would finish 6 seconds ahead of Reed. This just isn't the same total domination as before.

I still waited for 2 hours for a JBS autograph though....I got respect for him.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
yea, I can ride incredibly fast while on keeping it on two wheels, for about .5 seconds. I should probably go show those a-class guys whatsup. I mean I might not win the race, but at least I will have their respect???

its a flawed arguement about not wrecking. Results speak for themself. Reed has improved one way or another, like it or not.
Was he straight up the best this year? I don't know we'll find out after vegas.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
ericz103 said:
yea, I can ride incredibly fast while on keeping it on two wheels, for about .5 seconds. I should probably go show those a-class guys whatsup. I mean I might not win the race, but at least I will have their respect???

its a flawed arguement about not wrecking. Results speak for themself. Reed has improved one way or another, like it or not.
Was he straight up the best this year? I don't know we'll find out after vegas.

You are talking as if JBS is riding completely out of control all the time. I'm not sure you win 7 sx main events in a row... or 24 mx races in a row riding WAY over your head. Besides, it isn't like Stewart's 2 bad results this year had anything to do w/ him riding way over his head. A1 was a missed shift, and Daytona was losing the front in the grass. Otherwise his riding has been pretty damn consistent. It isn't the Stewart from a year or two ago that was throwing it away riding stupid.

Chad Reed has just taken consistency to a whole new level. It isn't the same Chad Reed that nearly let K-dub steal the championship from him last year. Considering all the variables in motocross, it is pretty amazing to ride nearly flawless (minus some bad starts) and finish on the podium every single week.

I give props to Chad for being one of the all time greats... I still just don't really like the guy.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
You are talking as if JBS is riding completely out of control all the time

After reading my post I can see how you got that, but I didn't mean to make it sound that way. I'm a bigger Bubba fan then reed fan actually. I believe stewart is possibly the most talented person to ride a dirtbike ever.

My point is Reed, has improved like him or not.
He is beating Bubba straight up currently... I get tired of hearing people saying all the time "James has never lost when he doesn't fall", as if that should automatically earn him a title or something.

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
ericz103 said:
My point is Reed, has improved like him or not.
He is beating Bubba straight up currently... I get tired of hearing people saying all the time "James has never lost when he doesn't fall", as if that should automatically earn him a title or something.

Well said.

Top Bottom