whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The smack is done, and practice is about in the books. The Stuart no show to last nights press conference had the stories flying. From he got hurt, to playing with Chads head. Seems its the latter, and worked? Stroupe is behind Dungey by 1/2 second, with Morais taking 3rd. Reed, Grant and JBS top the big bikes, with guess who leading by near a second! JBS. I did not think about JG, 3rd, possibly helping the warrior out. And it looks like he will need help, or his tell-tale remark about the checkers or the wreckers. Alessi said no way, he has worked too hard fixing his pr already!

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i would kind of like to see allessi take bubbles out, reed lead until the last lap when bubbles comes out of nowhere with a super dirty block pass and takes them both out, and rv take it all

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
and somebody should get taken for a drag like back in vegas '06

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
larry brooks talks a lot smack

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! direct tv in dallas is a no go! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Larry Brooks needs to shut up, pretty much a commerical for his rider and dancing around the question that was asked. Let's just have a race with no crap and let the chips fall where they may.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
did adams lose his pants?

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
villipoto was on it in the heat race. Larry brooks is stupid...thats all there is to it. From the replay it doesn't get anymore clear what Chilosm was doing.

I don't have any favorites, but I want some clean but agressive racing to go down(I know its a fine line).

Both lites and sx are gonna be good races..

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
well chadley showed his true colors win at any cost. Knew his only chance was for Stewart to not finish so he tried to put him down and failed at that as well. I really think Stewart calculated there was no way Reed could catch Vilopoto so he played games with Reed. Let him catch up then pull away finally let him pass for that hollow finish of beating him by one only to lose the title.

Now Chad hints he will race outdoors? Or maybe he is going to race pitbikes with a new mentor JFlaw so he can learn how to really take a guy out.
Glad Stewart won and in the process showed Reed for what he is

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
rc says "no doubt about it", "absolutely",and "fer sure" a lot

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Who would have figured? Stewart rides a smart race? Chump blows his shot at winning, to take Stuart out? And RV puts a whooping on them both! Fantastic race! And how about Ryan Dungey's charge to the checkers? I sure hope Chad listens to Stuart's acceptance speech, James won! Chad's racing the Nationals ehh? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I'm disappointed.Reed gave up.His typical charge through the pack after a poor start was lackluster.Stewart was trying too hard and backed it down.Then Reed plays chump and is all smiley about it.I hope he does race outdoors.They will beat him down like he deserves.What a chump.I wanted to see a RACE.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Can't wait to have a couple hours later this evening to watch the rest of it.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
TRexRacing said:
I'm disappointed.Reed gave up.His typical charge through the pack after a poor start was lackluster.Stewart was trying too hard and backed it down.Then Reed plays chump and is all smiley about it.I hope he does race outdoors.They will beat him down like he deserves.What a chump.I wanted to see a RACE.

ahh that was championship tactics Stewart didn't want to be in all attack mode for fear of Reed sneaking up on him and giving him a nudge.Reed couldn't win the championship without Stewart having a meltdown. So Stewart was being defensive and Reed was trying to push him into a mistake and couldn't so he tried to help the mistake happen without making it look like a blatant take out move. It was no longer a who is faster ,smoother and with more stamina race it was how can I get the other guy to commit to making a mistake race.

In the early to middle laps I think Stewart only bobbled because he switched from winning the race mode to protecting the championship mode and that threw his timing off for a lap.

It appeared obvious to me, that both riders knew that the only way for Reed to win the championship was for Stewart to be on the ground for a couple of positions. was it dirty what Reed did? well it wasn't clean but I am not so sure I wouldn't try it to keep my# plate if in those shoes.I mean winning ugly has got to be better than losing pretty right?

Any way congratulations to James Stewart he won and he won it clean while having a target on his back

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If Reed was looking to put Stewart down and give himself a chance to put some bodies between them as he chased down Villopoto, he should have done it back in that sand section where he settled for playing "follow the leader". I mean, heck, if you're going to give yourself a chance, do it where the guy isn't going to have a ton of runout where he's able to recover.

As far as Reed outdoors, he said the San Manuel team wouldn't let him ride it last year . . . but I have heard that Stewart isn't going to do it.

Villopoto is just hitting his stride. He's going to be hard to beat outside.

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
If Reed wanted to put Stewart down he would have. I think he felt like he owed them that little bump after last weeks Chisholm thing. It's not like he T-boned him, just took his line.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Reed's more about trying to make people think he's a tough guy, rather than actually being one.

I really don't see much wrong with the move he put on JBS.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
oldguy said:
Glad Stewart won and in the process showed Reed for what he is

GREAT STATEMENT. Thank You very much for posting it. I hope after that race people will see Reed for the person he truly is and has been his entire career. :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Love the track layout, did not like the dirt.

Jeffro was especially horrible behind the microphone last night, IMO.

Overall, Good race, and a decent end to an exciting year.

We will see how much of the bad blood from this season carries over to next year.

I hope Chad does race outdoors - he is one of the few guys who has a chance to get a moto win against Villopoto. My guess is as long as he is in the top 3 and has a decent shot at the outdoor title, Chad will keep lining up. One bad moto, and he's probably done.

Would love to see JBS contest outdoors, too - of course he would be favored.

I hope Ferry will be back for the nationals, and Short and Alessi are an even better outdoor riders than SX riders. But they'll all be chasing RV.

Now that JBS has matured and Villopto has entered the elite, Chad has to feel like the odds of his winning another SX title have gotten worse.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Let's see at a glance:
-Screaming woman needed punched in the face.
-East vs. West was a great race! Dungey rode a heck of a race!!
-Screaming woman needs punched in the face.
-Fro... :think: I don't think he's going to make it big as an announcer.
-Larry Brooks it would have been better to say nothing.
-Roger a calm commentary from somebody that has actually done the job was about as much as needed said, good job.
-JBS congrats on a #1 plate that was earned from way behind. Leaving the smack talk out of the post race interview would have been appriciated, be a gracious winner, let the results speak.
-Chad... less drama and more commitment to letting it all hang out might have gotten the job done. Don't go outside there is a butt whippin' of Titanic dimensions awaiting out there. Go learn to let it all hang out on the stadium and you might get one more plate....maybe.
-RV.... WOW! Way to end the season and get in everybodies head for the outdoors.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Loved the race, congrats to RV.
Larry Brooks has slipped tremendously on my scale...I actually thought he was smart enough to keep his mouth shut....I was wrong. Reed didn't let it all hang out, but unless I missed it, I heard no crying at all...actually all this crying stuff...I must have missed it all season....maybe it's because I'm Austrian and my hearing is gone, maybe it's because he wasn't crying...who knows. Decoster was right, and, the incident did happen, no matter what Brooks says.
In my humble opinion, the drama was on the JBS side....not JBS, but his team.
JBS is the man!!!

Top Bottom