dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Surprised there is no thread yet!

Very exciting racing, and we have got a real title battle in the SX class!

Looks like Bubba locked his front wheel up going into the grassy first turn, and took down or delayed about 1/2 the pack. Chad Reed has to come to a dead stop behind the carnage!

Visorless Bubba attempts to restart teammates Josh Hill's bike! Eventually finds his own tweaked machine.

JLaw leads almost the entire race and shows true speed, before succumbing to Chad Reed's charge.

Milsaps really cleaned out Alessi for the last podium spot. Good stuff.

JBS claws his way back up to 7th.

Brutal RC designed track really rewarded the super fit riders like Reed and Pourcel.

Oh, and Hill looked great in his heat race win, holding off Chad.

Too bad Stroupe went down HARD in the Lites. I like him and he is really fun to watch, but blaming the accident on Davalos was not cool. Props to Jeffro for calling him out on it.

Man, some of the camera work was great, but at other times it was frustratingly bad. Loved the camera on mule running along the track, especially as Bubba went through the whoops in the heat race. Very cool.

And the live commentary was also inconsistant,from tolerable to horrible. It was annoying to have Jeffro sucking up to RC while there was great action on the track. And RC is trying to describe a battle, but there is no camera coverage of said battle.

Still, it was lots of fun to watch! Thanks, Speed Channel!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I agree, great racing and sketchy coverage. Watching Bubba ride without a visor and a twisted front fender was funny. He looked like he was out goonin' it up.

Too bad J-Law is such a douche bag. He rode a good race. He just got tired at the end, you could see him back off. He did show some sportsmanship for once when he let Reed by.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Here is the Milsaps / Alessi confrontation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6xWF1alg0

Alessi left the door wide open.

I was LMAO at the end of the main, when Fro wondered outloud if Alessi would get in Millsaps face after the checkered. I'm sure Alessi was PO'd, but c'mon, he's not a big strong dude. If he did have words with Milsaps, I missed it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Deadohiosky39 said:
I missed the stroupe crash but i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icR-g4qNaCo

Kinda hard to tell what happened with the crappy quality. There was a lot of good racing and the millsaps/alessi take out was pretty cool. I always look forward to daytona and it didnt disappoint.

Thanks for the link. During the broadcast, I think they showed a replay from another angle, and it looked like Stroupe was pushing hard, riding faster, and sort of drifted slightly over into Davalos. They touched lightly and Stroupe got the worst of it by far.

LazyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2003
I could be wrong here but after watching the start of the 450 main over and over, did J-law not cut the track?

I mean I understand that there is no where to go and all that, but he was dead last off the gate and judging by how many bikes got through he would have ended up with a fourth or fifth place start.

Him and Ferry cut over in the same area behind the crash, Ferry went to the middle of the first corner and J-Law cuts back onto the track about ten feet after the first corner.

B

biglou

And there there's this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MJLBJOpZwXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MJLBJOpZwXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOkERAvUkT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOkERAvUkT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
LazyBoy said:
I could be wrong here but after watching the start of the 450 main over and over, did J-law not cut the track?

I mean I understand that there is no where to go and all that, but he was dead last off the gate and judging by how many bikes got through he would have ended up with a fourth or fifth place start.

Him and Ferry cut over in the same area behind the crash, Ferry went to the middle of the first corner and J-Law cuts back onto the track about ten feet after the first corner.

Wow.... watched the link Dave posted, and they sure did! Interesting.... although if they did something like a 10 second penalty (kinda like I think they did to J-Law when he cut the track at A1), he would still have 2nd place since he was 14 seconds in front of Davi.

Great racing last night for sure! Cool to see some different guys getting the holeshots and running up front in the heats and mains. I'm also kinda stoked about Reed's 11 point lead.... hoping it will help take the championship down to Vegas. And I also enjoy anytime RC is in the booth. :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
LazyBoy said:

Good catch! I never noticed before. Hard to tell how many seconds he gained, and how many riders he got by.

According to the lap chart, J-Law was 2nd by the end of the first lap, compared to 12th for Ferry (who took a less aggressive cut of the track). Reed and Villopoto stayed on the track and had worked up to 8th and 9th by the end of lap 1.

Here is the AMA lap chart: http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/raceres/sx/lapchart.asp?cls=s2&snct=p9050&year=2009&type=m&rnum=1

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I noticed the J-douchebag track cut right off the bat as well. He knew what he was doing. pud.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No Izzy, no redflag and restart? Very nice job by speed and feld, yeah right! They even screw up the race order, whats the big deal, lites then sx, too easy? Erins' giving out technical race track information now? I believe that is the first time I remember Reed riding out of his comfort zone, welcome back to SX racing! Kdub, Daisy and Ryno would have made short order of Alessi and Nolaw, on an even start? That was one mean track, and over a minute. The shots from last year was priceless, the look at the clip interview? Stuart through the whoops is what attacking the track means, that was GREAT! The lites, wow, wow, the mafia Lichtle and Izzy was outstanding! Davalos rode an awesome race, Stroupe lost control, way faster, but so was Bubba? And where did Pourcel come from, bam, here he is? Lemoine showed some speed. Great racing, and a new low in race coverage.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
These last 2 weeks have been great races.
On the lites I think stroupe had been fast but over agressive all year, and he's paid the price for it. Not that I want anybody to fall, but I'm glad it bit him instead of Davalos.

The sx class has been a lot more exciting this year then I thought it would be. Felt bad for Hill after winning his heat race, and then getting caught up in the stewart mess at the start.
Didn't notice Jlaw cutting the track. Just as he started to make me think he might be worth something... he proves he's not. again.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
No Izzy, no redflag and restart? Very nice job by speed and feld, yeah right! They even screw up the race order, whats the big deal, lites then sx, too easy? Erins' giving out technical race track information now? I believe that is the first time I remember Reed riding out of his comfort zone, welcome back to SX racing! Kdub, Daisy and Ryno would have made short order of Alessi and Nolaw, on an even start? That was one mean track, and over a minute. The shots from last year was priceless, the look at the clip interview? Stuart through the whoops is what attacking the track means, that was GREAT! The lites, wow, wow, the mafia Lichtle and Izzy was outstanding! Davalos rode an awesome race, Stroupe lost control, way faster, but so was Bubba? And where did Pourcel come from, bam, here he is? Lemoine showed some speed. Great racing, and a new low in race coverage.

Daytona isn't a Feld race.. Daytona Motor Speedway promotes the race..

With heavy sponsorship from Honda.

Didn't you notice a serious shortage of Monster Energy BS? And the red tough block covers?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Yeah, D.I.S. clothes, (shirt anyway.)

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I just watched the start again...can't believe they let that one go on JLaw. He cut the track big time. Ferry did too, but went back on the track as soon as he could. JLaw conveniently cut the entire corner. If he didn't he probably wouldn't have been on the lead lap.
Screw tough blocks...put up barbwire fences!

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I couldn't believe that just one week earlier at Indy, Stroupe did almost the exact same thing to Davalos. It was during their heat race when he tried a banzai pass and bumped bars or something which took em both down. I would be pissed if I were Davalos and getting the blame for what happened in Daytona. Stroupe just needs to chill a little on his passes.

Otherwise, it was a great race. I'm glad that there will still be something to race for at the STL round which we have tickets for.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah I was not impressed with Stroupe on his comment that Davalos cause the crash. It was pretty clear from the video that Davalos held his line and Stroupe veered into him.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
right in tune with... RAZORwire
(it's used in prisons afterall)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
i think the photographers played a role - Ferry would have re-entered the track even closer to where he left if the photogs were not in the way.

J-law did not seem too worried about re-entering the track where he left it, lol.

Without the view of the entire first turn, its hard to know how much the shortcut favored J-law.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
RM_guy said:
Yeah I was not impressed with Stroupe on his comment that Davalos cause the crash. It was pretty clear from the video that Davalos held his line and Stroupe veered into him.

Yeah, Stroupe to me seems like he is riding a little wreckless and really trying to force some passes. He had some speed on Davalos, and could have waited for a cleaner/safer opportunity to make the pass. He is riding almost like JBS was a few years ago, when JBS would frequently wad it up trying to force unsafe passes (even on lappers).

Top Bottom