2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Pourcel is smooooth. Stroupe is young and hungry.
Stroupe might learn.

B

biglou

This reminds me of a funny story. Well, not so much funny as sad and pathetic, but I digress... I'm watching Daytona with my buddy Steve, who is in his mid-50's (and faster than most of us in the group, although that's not necessarily saying much), anyway, I was telling him how this year there seemed to be some pretty incredible crashing, racing, and drama at almost every round. Then the Stroupe-Davalos thing happened and he got quite animated. I said, "I think those are the same two that got together last week." He seemed puzzled. Then he started telling me how Stroupe stalled "two weeks in a row while leading Pourcel." To which, I got the puzzled look. Then talk turned to the SX class points and when I mentioned Bubba going down 2-3 times in the main and Reed winning, my buddy asked, "What are you talking about?"

After some discussion, and much ridicule, it turns out he somehow managed to watch the Atlanta round two weeks in a row, and was quite content with it. Even going so far as to comment, "Stroupe was in the lead again (just like "last" week) and I said, 'hope he doesn't stall it like he did last week' and he did! In the same spot!"

That's one of the great things about getting old: You never see the same movie twice, always meeting new people, etc. lol!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Steve was one of my college roomates.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
IndyMX said:
Amen Lou.. Everyday now is an adventure.. Damn shame I can't see any of it anymore.
How many fingers do I have up? Riding in glasses is not so bad Gary! I truly prefer contacts though, the loss of peripheral from glasses, and the bouncing are a little unnerving!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How many fingers do I have up? Riding in glasses is not so bad Gary! I truly prefer contacts though, the loss of peripheral from glasses, and the bouncing are a little unnerving!

I'll just ride by braille from now on. Slow as I am, won't much matter.

Top Bottom