rubber bushings vs metal bushings

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Any one use metal bushings instead of the stock rubber ones that hold the handle bar to the triple clamp. I've seen them in the Dennis Kirk cat., and they're advertised as preventing the bars from getting out-of-wack after a fall....part is listed for the kdx....

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I haven't used/tried the metal ones. I did try to get a set of high durometer urethane bushings from a local parts outfit...the ones scotts has. After numerous tries, I gave up on 'em. Never did get what the problem was.

BUT...a one piece top clamp will help with the 'out-of-whack' part considerably. Then you can keep the smooshy oem bushings for better handlebar buzz-isolation.

Fredette sells one.

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
i have metal bushing in mine and one piece top clamp never have a problem with vibration and a much better feel with the handle bars....

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Tks for replys...I've got to do something...not sure which as I've seen the FRP clamp, but I do not like play with the rubber bushings, and ofcourse I cann't stand crooked bars after every minor off. tks again.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have the full metal in the bars of my 250. I swapped out to the metal cones and a protaper setup with a solid top clamp.

Honestly with the Protapers, I cannot tell a difference in vibration. It is the same as a friends older kdx200 without the removeable handlebar clamps in the tip tripple tree.

The metal bushings really made the steering much more solid. React quicker and I do not have a problem with the clamps twisting in the rubber if I tip the bike over.

Sages has them for like $30. That is where I got mine with the ProTaper setup.

Top Bottom