SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
Why did kawasaki rubber mount the handlebars!!!!!!

It is dumb as hell...
It is driving me damn crazy...

The bars loose their position with just a bump of the bars...

I can change the positon of the bars just by twisting the bars a little.. not alot

I am gunna turn up some aluminum spacers inplace of them stupid rubber mounted waste of times...

Anyone know of any other ways of keeping the damn bars straight..
I dont have the money for a new triple clamps...

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
Thats what was on the bike stock... now i got 1-1/8 protapers.. they dont have that....
even when it did have the solid top peice they would tweak....

Well i ended up turning some bushings....

I did it pretty crappy though... i dunno how to match that type of taper on a lathe... and my dad was sleeping so i wasent gunna wake him up, or wait till tomaorow....
well they work, and are ALOT sturdyer than they were with the rubber mounted ones... but if you really try you can get them to move... but that is a good thing cause then if you wipe out, ur bars wont bend as easy... and you can still move them back...
But i know for a fact that they are just gunna loosein back up... so i think im gunna keep an eye out on e-b-a-y for another top tripple clamp..

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Rubber mounting is normally done for vibration reduction, and to reduce the amount of force transmitted to your hands by hard front end hits.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
cuts down on arm pump

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
:bang: It turns out the problem was the threads were bottoming out :bang:

They work alot nicer now, nicer than my custom attempt

if i really try i can get them to move... but its not too bad

I am checking out e-b-a-y for some nice solid mounts, with 2 bolts insted of one....

Top Bottom