Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Since I moved to VA 6 months ago It's been pretty hard to find a place that compares to Turkey Bay at LBL Kentucky. I still have yet to find a place that beats it. However, a couple of new friends invited me out to Ruckersville in Green CO. VA. This place is really up in the hills and a long treck from my house around Fort Lee, but worth the drive. The track is two miles long with triples, doubles and singles (for guys who ride like me) with two steep and long up hill sections that when you come down you can feel your stomach in your throat. The track itself is located on the side of a mountain (Stone Mt?) with access to an interesting trail network that snakes around so much that you almost need a map and compass to find your way around. The trails were a bit rocky but lots of fun nontheless. All in all it was a fun 35 mile day for three slopoke trailriders that manged to enjoy ourselves without any serious incidents. It cost us 20 bucks a head to ride there. The only major drawback for me was the long drive home for a tired out of shape rider.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hi Whyzee. Mapquest puts Danville at about 3hrs away from here, but I'm willing to try anything. I'm mostly a trail rider, but really enjoyed my first real forey on an MX track. PM me with the directions and I'll add it to my "to ride" list. I'd really like to get a bunch of us from VA/NC together and hit Hatfield McCoy sometime in the next couple of months. Anyone who's game, let's put a finger on the calander and plan a trip before it gets too hot, what do you say? :thumb:

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Thanks Whyzee, great link. Any chance of you being up at Budds Creek on the 6th for the VCHSS? Thanks again for the link!

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I haven’t raced at Budds Creek since I was 16. My nephew was supposed to be racing his first MX race there this weekend. Don’t think I’ll make the 6th as I have never run a HS in my life. Something about flying too close to trees or hitting stumps and logs WOT. I'll stick to the air!

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
That's fine, it'll be my first real HS thanks to YZEater. I'm really looking forward to it too. I've been told that I'll be competetive in the "D" class LOL :confused: People around here say it's a good chance to go and ride (slowly) on a national track and hit the adjoining trails with some friends.

Last edited:

someday

Jul 10, 2000
If you liked those trails near Ruckersville, you should come out to a place I have not too far from there. This is a few miles north of C'ville at Stony Point and is a lot of really tight nice woods and a grasstrack. I'm not sure where your coming from, but it wouldn't be much farther than that other place. neildillon@earthlink.net if your interested.

Top Bottom