5. Mike LaRocco, Corona, Calif., Honda
6. Grant Langston, Temecula, KTM
7. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Suzuki
8. Damon Huffman, Valencia, Calif., Honda
9. Erick Vallejo, Dallas, Texas, Yamaha
10. Keith Johnson, Albuquerque, N.M., Yamaha

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Team Suzuki representatives said he only shows up when he wants to race.

this was a quote from a suzuki rep on travis pastrana.. i copied it from the story on the rider who died at qualcomm.
do you think there is bad blooding brewing over the sobe deal?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
jackdrinker said:
Team Suzuki representatives said he only shows up when he wants to race.

this was a quote from a suzuki rep on travis pastrana.. i copied it from the story on the rider who died at qualcomm.
do you think there is bad blooding brewing over the sobe deal?

Huh? Is part of the conversation ina black hole?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Humm.. how many 2 strokes in the top 10? :p

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Ivan looks awesome!!! That guy really turned it around for himself, good work man. Yeah Okie not many 2 strokes out there, Bubba better get on a thumper if wants to win any races.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
bubba could win on a hodaka... with how impressive ivan is looking i cant wait for the east/west shootout, espicially with andrew switching to a four-stroke over the break his results should improve with his better starts and we should be in for some great racing.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Looks like 4-stroke technology is moving faster than 2-stroke, time for AMA to limit the size of 4-strokes to 200cc :)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
What a joke of a race in the 250 class. With Windham *****futting around (in fear of being fined by the AMA) it would have been a whole lot better race, and who knows what else. You could really tell KDub was doing his best act to show the AMA what BS this new rule is causing. He had a dozen chances at really good block passes. Crap, pure crap. But I'm kinda biased, I hate Reed

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
This isnt a eurorider is right yanks are wrong thing, i like KW and think he is a great rider-if it was GL or Tort i would say the same.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
It won't even be close.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Okie, im not a euro, nor an americain, but i have seen the racing since and they just dont want to block pass with an agression any more, which has taken something out of the sport for the moment.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I don't know, I saw Roncada lay down a pretty aggressive block pass on someone (forget who it was), of course no contact was made though.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
when i was laying in bed last night i decided to watch "relish".
it was pretty amusing hearing yogi and reed talk about being aggressive and "dirty. yogi came out and said everyone does it and the guys who complain are the ones doing it the most.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
kiwi_925 said:
Wraith - Block passes or punt Reed off the track like he did to DV??

Did you see the race Kiwi? When Reed passed KDub, there was a a few coners later where Kevin could have really put a aggresive move on Reed. But he didn't. And he didn't (this is just what I believe) because he is not a dirty rider that puts people to the ground, like what happened with DV.
Instead he chose to ride the way the AMA wants, (no rubbing, or whatever they call it) and lost ground because of a poor drive going into the next section of whoops. Oh well, I guess the riders will have to change when more rules start to change.
Now I am in no way way a fan of take out moves. I don't like to see a racer get faceplanted into a haybale because he got Tboned for a pass. But, they have to let them race.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I don't think it proves your a better rider if you have to knock somebody off the track to pass em. Just that your a jerk. Clean racing is what its all about. Accidents do happen and I hope the AMA can discern what is purposeful and what is unintentional. These guys get fired up dicing like that for 15 laps in close proximity and contact can happen.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom