Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
What happened to Lusk? I don't see him in the top 20 results for the Main event. I haven't searched the web too much yet either...

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Yogurt said:
What happened to Lusk? I don't see him in the top 20 results for the Main event. I haven't searched the web too much yet either...
He went down in the whoops, if i remember correct, it was the same spot as where Windham went down later in the night.. He didnt show for the LCQ, wonder if he broke himself :ugg:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Finally got around to watching my tape.

I must say the announcing was very poor for both 125 and 250 races. While I really enjoy getting the coverage within 24 hours of the event, Cameron Steele and Todd Harris are really, really bad in the booth. Jamie Little is good on the sidelines, though.

The cameras also missed tons of good action and important passes in both the heats and final. I would prefer they run the broadcast later in the week if they can improve booth commentary and select better footage.

Re: Langston v. Byrne, there were probably a half dozen examples of rougher riding during the evening. I have a hard time reconciling how Grant can get a penalty for THAT move, but what he did to Bobby Bonds at Hangtown in '01 was A-OK. Guess the times they are a-changin'.

IMO, if the AMA is going to penalize Langston for his SF move, they should just remove their name from the Arena Cross series altogether. This Whitelock fellow would probably pass out if he saw what happens at an AMA sanctioned AX.

And props to Damon Huffman. Watching him in the Canadian Nationals being run on Speed Channel has made me appreciate him again.

Last edited:

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hello All,

Watching the linked clip that super rat provided, it certainly looks to me like the tuff block that was lying on the track took out Byrne not the minimal contact with Langston.

I too was pulling for LaRocco to hold onto to second! Go Iron Mike! He was turning some fast lap times...

Last edited:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I gotta go with the majority this time, that contact was not a blatent take out move, and not deserving of anything like a points deduction. That was very much like the original pass that DV put on KW back at Anaheim (?).

That tuff-block is indeed in a strange place. There is another just like it just down the track from the flagger. Maybe to protect the flagger?

This incident raises an issue. Does a points deduction hurt a rider like Langston, who is foundering anyway? A monetary deduction might be more appropriate for the guys running in the back, though that might not hurt Langston either.

Super Rat; thanks. I am off my phone line today and should be able to get around much better!

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Boy the AMA really gave Grant a break on that one. The original penalty cost him 5 seconds = 1 place = 1 point (5th to 6th). Then new penalty lets him keep that coveted 5th place but now loses 4 points. Very generous of them don't you say.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I am beginning to figure out the new SX penalty rule.

If you make a pass for the lead in the 250 main and the rider you are passing goes down after some contact, you will be penalized.

The same exact pass is legal if:

a) the other rider manages to keep it on two wheels
b) the pass is made during a heat race
c) the pass is in the main, but does not involve the lead rider

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Did anyone who was there get to see Langston's crash in practice? I was in the pits right after he came in from practice and he had his right wrist iced up and nice raspberry on his chin. I'm assuming another victim of the whoops?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
super rat said:
Yeah what ever happened to that guy? Fad Reed was another one of his favorites, he is not really championship material. I don't see how you can not like a guy like Wey, lost his ride but never gave up and busted his ass to get back into the big rig's.

That was that guy "Whitesands26". I think he was booted off the site because some of his remarks were going past the point of ridiculous. He always bashed Reed and started to say how Wey was so horrible.
I think Wey has looked pretty good, so has Byrne.. Is Byrne moving down to the 125's for the east or staying on the 250? I thought he was staying on the 250....

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Quote from Dirt Bike Dave
"IMO, if the AMA is going to penalize Langston for his SF move, they should just remove their name from the Arena Cross series altogether. This Whitelock fellow would probably pass out if he saw what happens at an AMA sanctioned AX."

Amen!!

I agree the penalties are getting out of hand. There is only so much room on a track with loose dirt, ruts, rocks, loose tuf blocks and the riders spend a third of the time in the air. They're bound to rub sooner or later.

Last I read on Lusk was he broke his wrist, but not sure if that is confirmed. I believe I read that on TWMX. One of my riders in the Fantasy league.

If Preston can run in the main like he did in the heat race he's bound to pull off a win. :aj:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
That was that guy "Whitesands26". I think he was booted off the site because some of his remarks were going past the point of ridiculous. He always bashed Reed and started to say how Wey was so horrible.
I think Wey has looked pretty good, so has Byrne.. Is Byrne moving down to the 125's for the east or staying on the 250? I thought he was staying on the 250....

You can get booted off of this site? WOW he must have said some really bad stuff!! hahaha!! Thats too bad the guy was pretty funny, plus I was looking forward to rubbing his nose in it once Chad clinches the title. Oh well, anyone have his email addy?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:laugh: all that time here and rat still doesn't know how to quote someone

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Hey shut up!!! Are you trying to say I'm dumb or something? hahah!!
I use to but this new wizz-bang site has me a little confused. Oh I see know, that little reply button does something, I'll bet!!

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Just watched Bar to bar 2003 and it shows Ezra lusk crashing in the whoops at least 3 times and going over the bars just like he did Sat. nite. He seems to struggle with whoops cause I don't see him crash anywhere else.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Combat767 said:
Quote from Dirt Bike Dave

Last I read on Lusk was he broke his wrist, but not sure if that is confirmed. I believe I read that on TWMX. One of my riders in the Fantasy league.

If Preston can run in the main like he did in the heat race he's bound to pull off a win. :aj:
I read that Yogi busted something in his hand...

Prest on is impressive, the way he makes a bike turn :aj: I was getting mad at him when coming out of the whoops he would follow Nate Dawg instead of using the inside berm.. Reynard was using that berm w/success..
Rick

Top Bottom