Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Ever have a hard time watching someone drive away with your bike after you sold it? After having my 86 RM125 sit in the corner untouched for 3 years I decided it was time to get it out of my shed. Put it up on 3 local classified sites last night at midnight and by 10 AM the phone was ringing off the hook. Just got back into the house after watching the new owner drive away with it, not sure why but I'll miss her.

86RM125.JPG

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I had that happen last year when I sold my KX. Bike left my house in the back of a truck. I had no bike for a few days. Whats sad is the new owner said he was going to frequent a track that I go to, but I have yet to see it there. I just hope it's not all torn apart and sitting, hope it's bein enjoyed :)

BTW Chili, nice bike! :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Strange how that happens I had a roached out 92 YZ250 that I bought when Eric started riding. Once I got a YZ250F I held onto the old YZ just because. Then one day a neighbor asked about it because he wanted something to chase his kid around on (sounds like a familiar story) and I sold it to him. 2 Years later at DW there it was and I just had to take a couple laps (this was the bike that Ate my knee and caused me to have surgery). 2 laps later I took it back to it's new owner and never looked back- how I ever rode that thing is still a mystery to me

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
I know the feeling. I am deeply attached to all of mine. I had actually built a "modern" (for me anyway) bike a few years ago, it was a '93 KX250 that I re did from the ground up. I rode it a few times, and then I hit a rough patch and I had to sell it. I got a good price, but it was hard to see it go.

The guy who bought it actually kept in touch for a while, he put 10 hours on it the weekend after he bought it and he was really pleased with the way it ran.

He wound up selling it a year later, and he called me then, but I didnt have the $$$ to buy it back. :bang:

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Also the bike that Oldguy almost took fishing :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I felt that way last year when I sold my CR125. I had that bike for 5yrs. I wondered if I should have sold it to the kid when the "dad" called the next day and said "This bike is going through plugs like crazy! What's wrong with it?" Then another call that said "What's all this black oil coming out of the silencer?" Then another call that said the "dealer" they went to didn't sell any such oil as Bel Ray H1R, they had never even heard of it :ohmy:.Then after that he accused me of selling him a bad bike. My poor bike...

I don't know why I missed seeing it go though. I had a lot of bad crashes on it. Plus I had my '06 YZ125 sitting right there in the trailer. It was still a good bike though...

Mar 6, 2007
I have a feeling that is gonna happen to me. I have been thinking about selling my old bike since it just sits around but I kinda don't want to part with it. I guess I'll have to sometime.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Thought about it some more after some time to reflect and I've decided I like the $1000 in my pocket more than I miss the bike :laugh:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I remember when my XR-100 was sold, I felt really sad watching the new owners driving away with it. It was like a little piece of history that was leaving :( I moved on to bigger and better bikes but I will always remember my little red honda.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom