Scotts Steering Stabilizer & KDX200 ODO

sether

Aug 24, 2004
Does the Scotts Steering Stabilizer bolt on kit still allow you to bolt the stock 2005 KDX-200 odometer in place? Do I have to dump the stock odo to use the Scott's bolt on kit?

Will it help me with front end wobble in deep California Desert sand washes (35-55mph)? :yikes:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Don't know about the odo, but it will be very pleased with how much improvement the damper makes in the sand washes, as well as in the rock gardens. Dampers rule.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Sounds like a good reason to get a trailtech computer (or similar device)!! I don't know if the odometer would be in the way but it would be worth loosing for a damper. The trailtech comes with a universal mount that would acomodate the damper.

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
The odo will work but you will have to file down the edge of the mounting bracket of the odo. Not hard if you have a bench grinder. About 5 minutes work. The directions for doing this are included with the damper kit but it is easy to figure out what needs to be ground down when you start to install it (just in case you are thinking of buying a used one without instructions).

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I installed a Scotts damper on my '03 200 two weeks ago. I used their recommended odo mount, which involved turning the odo bracket upside down, sawing/filing the bent part of the odo bracket, and putting it all back into the center hole on the upper triple clamp. Piece of cake, and it looks better than stock!

sether

Aug 24, 2004
wanaride said:
I installed a Scotts damper on my '03 200 two weeks ago. I used their recommended odo mount, which involved turning the odo bracket upside down, sawing/filing the bent part of the odo bracket, and putting it all back into the center hole on the upper triple clamp. Piece of cake, and it looks better than stock!

I ordered the Scotts damper today :aj:

Do the instructions for the stock bracket mod come with the bolt on kit?

Top Bottom