Eric82930

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
I agree 100 percent that wiping the legs off can only help, but why not the grease? I can only think of two possible bad side affects.

1) the grease can trap dirt.

or

2) the grease can hurt the seal material.

As for #1 if the dirt doesn't get far enough to reach the seal who cares?
For #2 I have no way to test the rubber material for plyability or whatever else might change from the grease. So I have no rebutle on that one...

On another note, addressing the stiction, how long does the seal grease last after they are installed? And is it designed for protecting the seal during installation or is it specificly for reducing stiction? Rubber/poly whatever the seals are made of can't be very slippery without some kind of lubricant.

Eric82930

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Quote from jeremy (1st post in this thread):

At the shop:
Invest in a good seal driver; the home made one is going to cause problems. Use a seal bullet or bag when installing new seals. Always lube the seal with good seal grease. Replace the dirt scrapper and wiper as a set and don’t reuse worn bushings. Follow these steps and you’ll find that every will have a longer seal life.

End quote.

Jeremy,
I was wondering if you put the seal grease on the wiper also, and in your experience does it seem to reduce stiction or is it just an assembly lube?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom