Sealing a No Toil Filter

Just bought my first No Toil filter. I'm curious what people use to seal it to the airbox. I have some No Toil sealant, but I'm curious if this is the way to go or if there are alternatives.

Thanks In Advance,

J.D.

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
If your airfilter seals against the air box you don't need any grease to seal the filter. It won't hurt but IMO it's a waste of money and time. Use the NoToil stuff if you do decide to grease it though.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
What's nice about the No-Toil rim grease is that it's biodegradable, and cleans up easy with No-Toil cleaner/soap and water.

My rim grease came with the No-Toil kit, so I'll use it until it runs out. As long as there's a good filter/rim seal in the airbox, I probably won't buy a replacement tube.

Yogurt

Subscriber
I would put up a strong recommendation for the PC racing air-filter seal. It's a foam seal that adhears the metal air box rim, and provides a really good reliable seal, and there's no mess! Buy one and you'll never have to grease your air filter rim again! They are only about $15 tops. I'm gonna put one on every new bike I ever buy

darringer

Lifetime Sponsor
I agree with Yogurt. The PC filter seal works great. I use No-Toil filter oil and now only use about 1/3 as much cleaner to clean the filter without the grease. Soooo much easier to clean and install. Best $12 I ever spent since the filter gets cleaned every ride.