Feb 5, 2009
I want to get a new seat cover for my 94 kx 250 but i dont want to spend alot on it. Do you guys know of a cheap material thats sorta like dirt bike nylon, or gripper seat material, that I can buy and make my own seat cover?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Go to a fabric store and look around you will be suprised what you find. I found some really good material to patch a convertible top that would be awesome for a seat cover. Actually back in the day I used some "naugahyde" to make a seat cover. Now I don't know if you have ever seen a Nauga but their hide is sort of like seat cover material.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Patman said:
Go to a fabric store and look around you will be suprised what you find. I found some really good material to patch a convertible top that would be awesome for a seat cover. Actually back in the day I used some "naugahyde" to make a seat cover. Now I don't know if you have ever seen a Nauga but their hide is sort of like seat cover material.
:rotfl: I too have used the hyde of a Nauga to cover a seat. Went on a 77 rm125. Held up for a year then I sold it.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I think PETA has all but stopped Nauga hunting and hide harvesting. Seems the industry substituted imported vinyl in its place, to the chagrin of Nauga hunters and breeders.
And if you go with the denim (a really outstanding kitschy idea, by the way), make sure you have a couple of seams with orange thread and get the necessary "Levis" emblem from an old AMC vehicle to place on your sideplates. I understand those emblems will add about 7 horsepower.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm about to try this, lol. That would be sweet. Denim up by the tank and some red plaid flannel in the back. Gorgeous!

Feb 5, 2009
Lmao I definitely want to see the outcome of that!

I think I've found what I'm looking for, but I want your opinions on it:

Marine Vinyl Pro-Tuf Cordura Black V256

search it in ebay, since they wont let you post links :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Does really matter what we like, if you like it go for it.

Top Bottom