knovello

Mar 5, 2007
I am wondering what those of you that have replaced your seat covers have used to reattach the new one. I am using a heavy duty staple gun with 1/4 staples and they barely penetrate the heavy plastic shell on my 98 kdx.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
Keith

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Been there done that...

You gotta hold it down against a work bench or something with quite a bit of force to get them to penetrate well.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
:cool:
knovello said:
I am wondering what those of you that have replaced your seat covers have used to reattach the new one. I am using a heavy duty staple gun with 1/4 staples and they barely penetrate the heavy plastic shell on my 98 kdx.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
Keith

I just replaced the seat cover on a 98 KDX 220 by hand with a staple gun and it went fine. You really have to hold down the staple gun against the shell with a bit of force. I used 5/16ths staples and they went in much better than the 1/4 staples i started the job with. :coocoo:

An upholstery shop should do the job for $20 or so if you want to drop it off for them to do...

CaliGold

Mar 26, 2006
I've tried this unsuccessfully with spring loaded manual staplers. I finally bought an air stapler which has made this job pretty easy. I think it was around 20 bucks on sale at harborfreight.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
CaliGold, what is the model number?

Call around to some upholstery shops and see what they charge. It is usually not that much and they have the tools and experience to do it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom