tgregg

Oct 3, 2009
All of a sudden my shift lever sticks up after shifting to second sand then I have to push it down to get it to shift to third. Every other shift is OK. Is this the shift return spring? 86 KDX 200
Thanks in advance
Gregg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You need to check the return spring, and the star/fork orientation in neutral. And check the 2 spring loaded detentes that hold the drum in position. Vintage Bob

tgregg

Oct 3, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
You need to check the return spring, and the star/fork orientation in neutral. And check the 2 spring loaded detentes that hold the drum in position. Vintage Bob

Thanks, I'll pull the side cover today!

tgregg

Oct 3, 2009
I just rolled the KDX into the shop and saw the problem. I must have clipped a rock and bent the shift lever in and it was hanging up on the case. Bent it back out and it is good as new! Wish they were all as easy as the :=)
Gregg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If, you put the shaft in between centers of an engine lathe, you MAY be able to get that shaft true again, but, it will have an even softer area to bend next time. Take it for granted, that it is not perfectly true now, the seal may not leak yet, it will prematurely fail. What else could it damage, not being true? The bores that the shaft run through can be oval-ed and permanently ruined. Have you ever priced a set of Kaw cases$$$ Vintage Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom