XcodyX

Jun 4, 2001
I bought a 1996 YZ250 a little while ago, and I was wondering about the shock settings. I'm a pretty big guy at 6'3" 220 pounds, and I can bottom out the rear shock a little too easy for my taste. The guy I bought it from weighs more than I do, and he adjusted the front shocks by turning the screws 3 clicks to the right. Now the front suspension is perfect for me, but when I tried to turn the rear shock screw (the one on the resevoir or shock body, whichever you want to call it) a couple clicks to the right, I couldn't tell a difference at all. I never started the bike up and actually rode it around with the different settings. So this is my actual question. I know nothing about suspension and shocks and stuff, and I was wondering if you actually have to start the bike up to see the different settings? I wouldn't see how this would change anything, but I guess it might. Also... how stiff can you make the shock with just the clicker screws?

shaggy829

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2001
at 220 you will need sitffer springs front @ rear .46 / 5.2 for mx.
no damping changes with the comp. adj . indicate a service is needed.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Well make sure you turned the right screw. There are two you can adj. A center and a outer. You will need to keep turning it. Make sure your turning it in the right direction. You need to have the rear wheel off the ground to make any adjustment's.
CRG

Top Bottom