backtoracin

Mar 5, 2001
Anyone know where to get the fancy tool to adjust the rear shock spring on a 01 CR250? Or any ideas on how to adjust this by using something else?

Also, I weigh about 185 with full gear on, and it seems the rear shock may be to light, did anyone go with the stiffer spring for my weight?

Thanks.

hapanese

Stuff is good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 25, 2001
I weigh 190 and run a 5.1 spring on my 00 CR 250. My buddy weighs 180 and runs the same spring. The stock spring rate is 4.75 here in Japan, I'm not sure if its the same in the states. You can get a new spring for about $70 Its fairly easy to put on. My settings are as follows: Low speed compression 9 clicks out, high speed compression 2 clicks out, rebound 10 clicks out. Sag 97mm. Your settings will depend on track conditions. The track I ride at is usually hard pack. As for adjusting the spring, they make spanner wrenches specifically for adjusting springs. I just use a screw driver and rubber mallet. I hope this helps.:cool:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Backtoracing,
Try www.racetech.com for good suspension tools. You can adjust your spring or remove it buy simply lossening the spanner and then adjusting the tensioning ring up or down to do what ever you need. The 01 is close for your weight I'd set your sag and double check your numbers.
Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom