Should I buy a heavier rear spring?Im 6'2 280 And I ride a 125!

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Yeah I like to jump and with my size and weight I bottom out really bad.Could the bigger spring fix that?How do I determine which spring is heavier They are weighed weird.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
it should make a big difference. maybe just start with the rear and see how it goes

does the front bottom out? did you crank up the compression clicker?

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Im not reading all that.when It comes to suspension nothing makes since to me.All this race sag.preload,compresion.I just dont get it.I mean I can turn a wrench.But just dont no nothing about suspension.I need a suspension book for dummies...lol... :laugh:

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
there is a brass flat head screws in the top of the fork in the center and same on the bottom the top is for compression (how much resistane to compress the fork) the bottom is rebound (how fast the forks kick back to normal) and the same applies for the shock in the rear there will be a brass flat head screw toward the top and one on bottom they should be on the right hand side (i think) go through the guide and let me know how it goes im leaving work rite now (i must be working hard huh LOL) but ill check in when i get home in about 30-40 min

read up on suspension on mxtech once you figure it out it is pretty easy and it makes such a difference its amazing you will instantly be a better rider with a good setup and when you get your baseline (WHERE YOUR CLICKERS ARE SET AT STOCK) just move them 1-2 clicks at a time and write down how many clicks you turned and you will get the feel of what works better

check these threads out also
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=156861&highlight=rebound
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=18889&highlight=rebound

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
its the screw off center and the FRONT WHEEL NEEDS TO BE OFF THE GROUND loosen the screw all the way out wait for a few secods then put it back in

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Ok I bled the forks.I could hear the air coming from one side.How long do you have to wail until you put the screw back in?

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
CR_RIDER said:
Im not reading all that.when It comes to suspension nothing makes since to me.All this race sag.preload,compresion.I just dont get it.I mean I can turn a wrench.But just dont no nothing about suspension.I need a suspension book for dummies...lol... :laugh:

CR_RIDER...you really ought to read the links provided. You will came away with a better knowledge of suspension. :nod:

Knowledge is a GOOD thing! :cool:

Rotor

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom