RECENT POSTS

Should I buy it?

Getting out of gopeding, and moving onto dirtbikes. I found an old Late 90's 50cc 2 speed automatic TX Tomos Dirt-Bike. The guy wants 325$, and I said i'd pick it up later this week. Anyways, just wanna know if this is a good price? I rode it today, and it turns on with one hit of the kickstart. I plan to fix it up with engine mods, and make it look nicer with a paint job etc. One question I have is, can I get aftermarket parts for this bike? Is this 50 similar to like the honda ones? I saw a FMF pipe on ADAracing, and it said it was for a honda, but could it fit propely on this bike?

Thanks In Advance,

_JOE_

Subscriber
Keep saving. You will be VERY lucky just to be able to find parts to keep it running, let alone hop it up.

ghunter

Lifetime Sponsor
$400 goes a long way. I just purchased a used KX80 for $200 yesterday. After I cleaned it up and got it running, I figure it'll cost me another $100-$200 in clutch parts, new tires, and suspension service and I will have a decent toy to add to the stable.

Keep your eyes open and you will find a good deal. Just don't get something that is beyond your mechanical skills...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
You need to consider that the low entry cost is only part of the picture. Parts is the other bigger issue. If you can't get parts then you have a $325 door stop.

Very True Statements...Thanks Guys. I've made my decision, just to wait until I find something I really want.

_JOE_

Subscriber
Good decision ?03L. Make no mistake, they ALL break. I just prefer something fixable, thats all.