arequipe

Mar 29, 2001
I bought my Husky a year ago- 95 wr360. Paid 2 grand for it (down in south america).
I bought new plastics and decals for it, which came out for like 500 bucks, and have spent at least 700 getting new bearings and all sort of stuff for it.
I dunno why I spend so much on maintenance on this bike. I dont think its normal that everytime I ride Its got to go to the mechanic for something - big or small.

I just bought new piston and connecting rod kit for it, and had a sleeve put on after a misfortune last december. that came out to like 800.

Thats 4000 bucks right there (down here its a lot of money).

If I were to sell it I would not get more than 2500 since huskys are not very loved down here because you cant find parts, you must order them from the us. those 2500 could only get me a 95 KTM.

The question is: whats wrong? why am I spending so much money on the damn bike? Should I sell it and get a similar one?

I mean, If I get another 95 I cant be certain it will be as in great shape as mine motorwise.....but then again, what If my bad luck streak goes on?..

opinions please

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Ive been this route before. I bought an 87 XR600 for $400, The guy told me that cam chain had worn out and slipped a tooth, but he didnt think the valves were bent. He also said it had a fresh top end. I thought, OK even if the valves are bent, that wont be too bad. I pull it apart, and sure enough the valves are bent. Upon closer inspection, it has a big bore kit that was put in in 1990 (XRs only conveniently put the date and size and all that on the piston) and it was tottally shot. So I decided to go throught the motor completely. Next thing I found was a few teeth missing in the tranny. just like you I decided to fix it, and I still dont know why. About $1000 later, I had a pretty much brand new engine and transmission and everything was good for about 6 months. Then about the only part that wasnt replaced, the con rod, decided to give out and took the piston, cases, cylinder, valves, just about everything with it. At this point I just gave up and sold it to a scrap dealer for $300. I took a loss, but once I got into it, there was no going back. My suggestion for you would be to just keep it and run it, cause your going to be losing money either way, and if you do buy another bike the same age, your taking a gamble on it too. Whats everybody else think?

Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
Do you have fun riding?? Yes ofcourse you probaly do
Do you like this bike??? Well besides it having problems yes I like it.
If your responses are in that region keep the bike!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
better the devil you know than the one you don't. sounds like keeping the bike is the less of two evils but the best option, #3, is to spring for a new KTM

Top Bottom