CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Yeah I wanna get an Idea of what to do next to my '00 yz250.I have one pic of it on my profile .I cant post them on here?I dont know why?

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Not a YZ but I'll share my CR for the sake of sharing...
CIMG0553-RR.jpg

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
makes my 95 look like an old hog, but gee is it a fast old hog :laugh: , id post pictures but when it comes to computers im pretty inept, so youll just have to imagine what the worlds fastest 1995 yz 250 looks like

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Yeah I kinda have a picture in my mind.(I had a 96 yz250 3 years ago).What are the mods?nice picture by the way mmz77

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Thanks, a bit more than that. The AF has MX Tech's set up with Enzo Sub Tanks and Eric Gorr's port work. A very smooth power band and a great handling bike is the result.

The YZ250 had a cut head, Pro Circuit pipe, shortened stock silencer and V-Force reeds. That combination was awesome on the YZ.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
The piston to head clearance on the YZ was a bit much so I took .020 off to increase the compression. That made the bike a bit snappier off the corners so I could get over the doubles easier. The cranking pressure was 215psi and that required race gas so I dont recommend it if your not racing your bike. The 450's where tough to beat into the first turn but the mods I mention above solved that problem.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Ya the 500 is great, third gear starts and super smooth power. The RMZ was just recently acquired. The deal was to good to pass on. The guy was from out of state and left it sit out here for a year and couldn't get it running. I acted like it was a basket case and he dumped it on me cheap. I'll be riding it and working on suspension set ups this weekend, I'm looking forward to it :cool:

CR_RIDER

Aug 4, 2007
Thats a good strategy... :laugh: Well im getting off,im about to go play mx vs atv untamed on xbox 360.I got the yz250 on there and it looks just like mine ,and I got my same exact riding gear also.Green hjc helmet,white spy googles,red alloy jersey,red shift pants,and black msr boots.lol.... :)

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Sorta, there's a 450 just inside of me about three feet abeam my left elbow. I beat him into the second turn, it's a right hander. You can see his roost if you look close enough, I wouldn't want to BS any of you cool guys here...

The YZ250 is a great bike. It worked well for my 6'1" build. The YZ's have been great for most of the last 8-10 years. Not the best in every shoot out but best in most. The bike is very stable and has a great engine. 03 had an improvement in the tranny that really worked well. I kept that bike until 05 when I splurged for the AF.

Top Bottom