Showa shock on KDX. Thanks Jeremy!

bradf

Jan 26, 2004
With the help of Jeremy Wilkey and MX-Tech, I now have a Showa off a 02 RM125 on my 04 KDX. The original KYB would fade on the whoops and create a pucker factor I didn't care to deal with. Jeremy had to shorten the stroke about an inch. He also did his own proprietary valving and piston to fit my application. The actual additional costs of this mod were bidding the shock for $31, and Jeremy's work over the normal complete revalve and rework was only about $60. I did have to get a new 5.0 spring to replace the 4.3 that was on the 125. A RM250 would probably have had a heavier spring. It was quite easy get the Showa to fit. Now I have a much better shock with a HS circuit to handle the whoops and high speed very rough trails. I also have 03 KX250 forks, with MX-Tech shim stack and some slight internal mods that balance this package out quite nicely.

Last edited:

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
Its sweet making things fit,Ive got a Pre-2000 Gas Gas ohlins on my 90 kdx.Real simple to fit and now the back end is brilliant. :cool:

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
I bought it from ebag as a damaged EC250 pre 2000 ohlins rear.The mounting lug at the bottom had broken one side so we welded it back on.Nothing wrong with it now.Its different than my mates 06 and 02 ECs.It has the canister mounted lower so it just clears the pipe on my 90.The later ones have the canister higher.As for riding its great and a little adjustment makes a big difference.Next project just bought a pair of 04 KXF250 usd forks,ebag again. :cool:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Jeremy is a real innovator when it comes to updating KDX suspension and I'm not surprises the end results come with rave reviews bradf. :cool:

Suspension mods sound awesome guys! :)

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom