23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Well I finally got the SIDI Force SRS last night. Without having a chance to ride in them yet, they seem to be everything that I expected in terms of comfort and protection. However, it looks like I won't be able to fit my Thor Force knee guards into the upper part of the boot.

The inner gaitor of the boots will just barely reach far enough to get about 3/8" of the velcro to latch & hold, and I really have to stretch it to get that. And with the shin plates adjusted all the way out, I have almost no overlap between the shin plate and the front edge of the outer leg plastic. The straps are long enough to reach, but to have a comfortable fit, and avoid cranking down on the cam buckles, the shin plate just doesn't come around far enough to overlap.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've read the other posts about not having long enough straps, but that is not my problem. Okie referred to having adjustable calfs on the size 9 and larger. I have the 42 (~ 8), and it has the ACS. Is there another calf adjustement on the larger size? Can it be retrofitted to these?

Really a shame, because the fit is perfect, could not imagine a boot fitting my foot better. But I would like to use these Thor knee guards if possible. My calves are only about 16" so there should be a way to make this work. 
  :think:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Try contacting james@motonation.com <james@motonation.com> if you haven't already. Very good customer support.

I plan on getting some knee braces before next season. Does anyone have experience with the Asterisk's and the Force boots?

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I have the asteriks knee braces and the sidi force boots. I had to adjust the calf adjustment to its widest setting. Once that was done they fit just fine. The inner gaiter is stretched to its max though.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I didn't say 9 and up ... the equiv to size 9 (43??) does NOT have the fully adjustable calf plate. Yes, the calf is is adjustable, but on the 10 and up, the whole plate can be moved to another set of (wider) mounting holes.

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Been there, dealt with this. I have 10.5's and have adjusted them as far as they go and they are just barely long enough. I contacted motonation and was told they would hopefully have longer straps starting in Feb. Great boot, but I'd like to see the calves on the model they used.....

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Well, I've been in contact with MN. They stand behind their product, up to and including a full refund if they don't work out. He confirmed that new straps are expected within a month. They offered to try drilling new holes in the shin plate to get a good fit, and if it still does not work, they will take the boots&nbsp;back.

However, the better fix for the boot is for SIDI to offer a wider front plate (the shin plate).&nbsp;With approximately 30mm added to the circumference, it would fit perfect, and the original straps would work fine as well. They agreed that was the best solution, and should be an easy option that SIDI could offer. They suggested that everyone trying to fit braces in the boots contact SIDI through their customer support email, as they are responsive to new ideas.

SIDI is currently developing a new boot that may be a replacement for the FORCE, so they may be reluctant to offer the wider plate for a boot that could soon be off the market. Unless they receive enough feedback to persuade them otherwise. :cool:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I hated them. I tried them on in the shop with my CTi Edge brace and my 17.5 inch calves, with the CTS (or whatever you were calling it) adjusted all the way out and I still was quite a ways from being able to buckle it. The velcro part on the inside wouldn't even reach, not even close. I was very disappointed, as I was expecting these to be my last resort (I really wanted Gaerne's, also not anywhere close) on boots. Now I have to go back to Alpinestars for some Tech 8's, the only thing that would fit. I liked the Fox boots, really accomadate bigger legs, except the top 2 straps weren't long enough. Also, got no response from Fox Customer Service, so I bit the bullet and bought Tech 8's. Honestly, on the Sidi's, I was quite disappointed in the "adjustability" of the boots. I really didn't think they were very adjustable at all, not to mention the design on them was way funky I thought. How it velcroed on the inside and stuff. Seemed like a good idea, but didn't work at all. Oh when oh when will they make boots to accomadate us big-calved knee brace wearin riders?

Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
I also wear the FlexForce boots with the Asterisk Knee brace and have the same problem with fit on the calf. I will be in touch with Motonation to get some of these longer straps. The first time you wear these boots you will probably hate them. I had a hard time finding the brake and shift lever when I first wore them. They are still a hassle to put on, but the're great boots once you get used to them.

Top Bottom