gto-17

Aug 31, 2000
Folks what are your opinions on standing or sitting going up hill, scratching my head on this one :confused: Seems I do ok sitting with body leaning forward and more pressure on the pegs. :) Standing seems awkward ;)

------------------
00 KX-250
00 YZ-80 (Son's)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I think I have better control standing or simi standing and also try different bars
they have different sweeps and rises to make it more natural

------------------
never ride faster than an angel can fly

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I usually only sit if I start to lose traction. Sitting puts more weight on the rear wheel which will give more traction, but some control will be lost when sitting.

------------------
Mental note: uncheck "show signature" before submitting next time :

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Depends on the hill, speed, traction, momentum, length, etc., etc.

It is easier to bail or ghost from a standing position though!

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
Most of the time going up a hill I stand up becuase I feel it gives more more control and feels natural. However at a local track we have a large steep hill right out of a corner. So what I do for that one becuase I'm sitting for the corner anyway is I stay sitting most of the way up it and near the top stand up because you jump it.
Just my $.02

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
I ride a 125 so I'm always looking for better traction and that usually means sitting down going up hills. if the hill is really bumpy though i'll stand in the attack position except way to the back of the bike. i'm sure this technique isn't the best for bigger bikes with greater loop-out capabilities.

------------------
YZ125, Team YOLO Racing, 2001 Sponsors: Powerhouse of Paso Robles, Bell Helmets, N-Style Graphics, Boyesen, Twin Air, Excel Rims, RK Chain, Vortex Billet Racing Products, Bendix Brake Pads

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
On tough hills I both sit and stand. No big bumps or turns and poor traction: I sit near center. I stand before I reach the next bump or turn. Up and down, up and down! :confused:

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

Top Bottom