Smart Car

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Never even heard of one of these until I came out of Target and saw the thing parked next to my Excursion. The combo of a 7.5 ft tall Excursion and a Smart car parked next to each other was making people laugh when they walked by. These things are freaking tiny! They are 2 seaters and let's just say I would NEVER want to be in an accident in one of these. The seats sit less than a foot away from the back bumper.

The angle is deceiving... I think the truck is taller than that car is long! It took up very little of the parking space it was in.

Attachments

• smart.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 173

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whoever drives the SmartCar must have a larger penis than the guy with the excursion, eh?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I happened to be in Jasper, Alberta this year during a Smart Car convention.

The owners are really annoying. I had the joy of standing beside some in a coffee shop.. they were laughing at how much gas they used, how they parked beside dumpsters that were bigger and parking two in one parking spot, yada yada yada.

I wonder how they'd feel about those little tin cans in an accident.

I would like to sit in one however. I hear everyone saying that they'd fit me, but if I barely fit in a new Silverado or F150, I don't think I'd fit in one of those.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
those busa ones are called smartuki's, they are nuts, and i saw a video of a head on impact at 60 or so in one of those, straight into a wall, and the guy walked away. i guess what little crumple zones they have are quite efficient. still wouldnt touch one though, rather have my friends bored and stroked 1970 austin mini

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
They certainly wouldn't be my choice but they might fair better than you think in an accident.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ju6t-yyoU8s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ju6t-yyoU8s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.thesmart.ca/index.cfm?id=4785

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
accident accident accident.

Do you guys NOT ride motorcycles?
Did I stumble into the "sissies who are afraid of everything" forum by mistake?
Crimeny. Nobody ever said life was risk free. Find some other reason to hate on the small car driver.

Very cool video Chili.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! That one left a mark :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okiewan said:
So, leaving it dirty makes people believe you actually take that thing off-road? :p

Let's add a little perspective to the world. That Ex spends more time in the dirt than your dirtbike! You are now excused to go play with and taunt your rice boy friends. :p :moon:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
That little POS looks like it would fit right inside of the standard casket.........maybe that was the design intent?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
TwinSpar said:
Let's add a little perspective to the world. That Ex spends more time in the dirt than your dirtbike! You are now excused to go play with and taunt your rice boy friends. :p :moon:
Well then pave the floor in your garage and your driveway

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
How Embarrassing

How Embarrassing
This is funny <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5S1NAMnYKM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5S1NAMnYKM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> :nod:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okiewan said:
Sure it does... lol!! Go flip your hat sideways, chug a Miller and yell "watch this.. yeeehaw!" :p

Jeez! Trailer trash you'll never be! It's flip your hat sideways, spit some Cope on the car next to you, chug a natural light, and then yell "watch this". Time to get you back out to a track. Screw the working man's mid-life crisis and get your ass back on a bike where it belongs. Don't like jumps.... let's go hit the trees. Being back on a bike will do you worlds of good.... at least you'll think that after you let the first 2 days of not having ridden for so long pain pass. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
"Twinny" and "smart" don't go together.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Yeah.... but Elk and that gay little car sure do! :moon:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Scary thing is my wife was reading an artical in the paper this morning and commented "I am going to have to order my smart car if I want one because they are bacorderred through 2009" I didn't know she wanted one or even knew they existed. Later she admitted she wanted to drive her Mustang less and that gas mileage was really catching her eye

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…