woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Exactly what is that Jack???

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
sno* drift is the first round of the rally america championship..
Check out: http://www.sno-drift.org
Travis Pastrana is running a factory subaru STi this season as is Ken Block of DC Shoes... They are both going to be there. My girlfriend is a seasoned SCCA driver and a hardcore rally fan.. This event is huge, think Aneheim 1 of the rally world. In 2003 Mitsubishi unveiled the Lancer Evolution..
Should be a GREAT time....

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Craze's dad - Scooter - and Huby did something like this for a while.. They raced on lakes and, according to Scooter, had a BLAST!! He always tried to get me to try it butI have too much on the plate just sticking with what I know a little about - bikes...
Scooters dad also enjoys bike ice racing so he probably took to it like a duck to water...
Anyway, are you racing in it Jack or just spectating??
If racing - GOOD LUCK. If spectating - have fun!!
Woodsy :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Woodsy what Huba-stank and Scooter did was totaly diff than what Jack is talking about. Stinky and Scooter were running on frozen lakes with unstudded tires running wheel to wheel with other toothless nutjobs.

I ran the pits for the Hubster for a winter or 2 some time back. It was a lot of fun hanging out on the lakes watching those guys swap paint.

What Travis is doing up there is offroad Pro rally racing on the forrest roads, backroads and wherever they run the course. I dont think they run the rally's across the frozen lakes.

Man that does sound like fun to watch a pro rally. I have always wanted to see one of those.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Wow! Yeah, rally cars are close in line for me to MX/off-road on the tele! Thanks for the tip there jd!

Mike S., have you watched this before?

meterman

May 2, 2004
I live in lewiston and watch every year. Every stage is within 30 miles of my house. Gonna rack up some miles on the lease that weekend. You gotta watch out on the backroads around here a week or 2 before the race.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
meterman said:
I live in lewiston and watch every year. Every stage is within 30 miles of my house. Gonna rack up some miles on the lease that weekend. You gotta watch out on the backroads around here a week or 2 before the race.
Soo meterman, you sound like someone "in the know" on this one.. Is it suggested that we dirtriding "first time Rally viewers" ride a Dual Sport bike in the area to go from point to point and watch the drivers?? I am beginning to catch the jist of this thing and it sounds like a hoot!!!
If you have a moment - PLEASE fill us in on some viewing secrets... Maybe have to have a DRN get together up there :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh yea, Jack - is this your first time up there for the "race"?? Any viewing suggestions??
THANKS for pointing this out!!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Woodsy - it is great watchin! Like meterman, (BTW Mark - how ya doin?) it is all rather close to home for me to! You rode some of the stuff they will be racing on back in September in fact.

In past years some of this event has been televised as well. Typically a few different TV/filmmaking crews around each year.

Suggestions:

Dress Warm!

Sit by a corner...but not where they are gonna crash when they blow a corner! (I had to rather quickly hide behind a tree a couple years ago! :yikes: ). If not corner, maybe find a spot where they might get some air over a hill crest.

D/S to it would be fun! But with studs not exactly gonna take a rocket scientist to figure out them aint street legal tires! Keep in mind, Montomorency County roads are ORV friendly! You WILL get some odd looks however!

They do somewhat limit where you can "officially" spectate for safety reasons - but fact is there are miles and miles of back roads that would intersect the course (I had my Jeep down some two tracks last weekend that were posted as part of the upcoming course).

If you dont know EXACTLY where you are (ie...am I on the course...or off of it?) ...Be VERRRY careful coming around a blind corner - them cars are a flyin!

Woodsy - shoot me an email if you need lodging as well! Camp Chaos operates all year long you know!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Not to change the subject - Mike, how's the hand? Ready to ride?

The Sno*Drift sounds like a blast, tempting....

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
Not to change the subject - Mike, how's the hand? Ready to ride?

The Sno*Drift sounds like a blast, tempting....

Mark - well, it is waaay better than the last time you saw me! That' s the good news...bad news is - it just seems to be dragging on and on. Just today, a normal handshake literally about dropped me to my knees! I cant put much pressure on it at all without pain (like trying to do a push up - cant take that weight) It still swells up when I use it a lot, and has an odd...lump I guess on the back. Doc has kept saying all is ok, be patient, you dont heal like you used to anymore :blah: :blah: T

Today's handshake just convinced me to make an appointment somewhere else! I think I should be doing much better than this after 10 or 11 weeks! (I aint that old yet!)

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I can't believe I'm going to miss Sno Drift this year :( . I made it to the Lake Superior Pro Rally this fall for the 5th time, it was awesome and I got to met Pastrana. I really wanted to make it to Sno Drift, but unfrotunatly had to make an unexpected move to a place about 1200 miles away :(. Hopefully it'll be on Speed again this year (and hopefully I'll have that channel by the time they show it!)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
They're heeere.....

Tonight i saw the Team Subaru, (Pastrana) rigs in greater downtown Atlanta - 3 of those goofy looking Mitsubishi Fuso trucks, and a large enclosed trailer. Our peaceful little town is gonna be buzzin real soon!

Conditions may be iffy..temps warming way up Friday will make for some unpredictable conditions...from soft and mushy in one corner, to slick and icy in the next one that is shaded...should still be fun!

I am sure we will go watch at least one stage - likely on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know and we can work something out.

meterman

May 2, 2004
Riding to the events would be the cats meooooww.
We walked in past at least 100 cars to the Avery lk rd/ Shore Dr stage. (got there late) You could ride right up to the spectator area.
I passed Pastrana in his rally car while he was on the way to another stage. Pretty cool to have some big names aroung here.
The "Crazy" stage sat nite was sweet, 3 of the top 4 cars both went in the ditch and had to back out,
including Travis. It's about a 120 degree, off camber left hander. Plenty of E-brake grabbin.
I did represent KTM though, I put a 24 inch long ORANGE KTM sticker on windshield of my truck. Don't know how long it'll last cuz I think it's too big to be legal. If you see a silver F150 with an orange sticker screaming at you, it's me.

Been to busy to even lurk around here, workin' in the UP the last month and a half. Good news though, I'll be workin (and riding!!) on Drummond Island for about 4 weeks this spring!

Top Bottom