JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
I am way into snowboarding and I just picked myself up a whole new set up. I went with a cheap board. Its a 5150 and got forum bindings and some 32 boots.

I was just wondering if anyone else on here snowboards at all. I dont know about anywhere else but around here (Illinois) this winter has been great for snowboarding. Plenty of snow. But right when I get my board it decides to get 50 degrees and melt all the snow! :bang: Im headed up to Chestnut Mountain over in Galena this friday.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I've had a board for several years...jacked my wrist up the first day I used it. Didn't touch it again until a few years ago. I'm getting better, but don't get to go enough...hmm..kinda like riding. I really like it though and Phil likes it too..so now I have someone to go with.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
The very weekend I got my first board I went out and broke my wrist also haha. But I got it casted and went out again the very next weekend. I took it a little easier though that time. Then I moved from WI and sold my board because no one around me snowboarded. Then I moved to Byron where everyone did so I bought another one and am loving it.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I use to ride a lot. I got a new board at the beginning of last season, a rockin deal on last seasons K2. I have yet to get out on it though. Hopefully sometime this winter when it's too nasty to go ride the bike I'll take to the slopes.

j.

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I don't snowboard but I do ski. Right now I am up early killing time on the net waiting for Cannonsberg to open so I can ski today.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Considering it will be 74 here today I'd say no I don't :)

May 10, 2007
yea i go as much as possible as in after school til the mountain closes every friday. i have been boarding for like 4 years now and at the begining of last season i upgraded my board to a k2 Titan. man i love that thing. handles so much better then my previous board.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
when I was a boy, we didn't have "snow boards". We didn't even have skis! We'd go down to the mortuary where they kept dead people on ice because the ground was too hard to bury them, and we'd tie them to our feet. Then we'd ride them to the bottom of the hill, and we'd holler "Look at me! I'm riding dead people!"

But that's just me.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
:yikes: :rotfl: Sounds like a good time Pred. Fuzzball I have been doing the same thing. Me and a few buddies will bring all of our boarding stuff to school and head out as soon as that bell rings. I almost got a K2. I was looking at the believer. I had the money but decided to save it and go with a cheaper board.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
I picked up almost a new set up this year.
I bought a lib-tech T-rice, and some 32 lashed boots. With Burton Cartels I had from last year. Best setup I've ever ridden.

I've been snowboarding alot longer then I have been racing.

Snowmass3.jpg

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Thats a sick pic. What mountain is that? I used to live in Wisconsin and have been to a couple hills around my area.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
thanks.
that is actually at Snowmass, CO.

I usually ride up in the UP where the hills are bigger, the lines are shorter, and the snow is better.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Thats cool. Me and a few friends are saving up and going to road trip to colorado senior year. thats the plan anyway. But im pumped right now. Im going to Chestnut tomorow.

Apr 30, 2007
I started last year. Found a Fleabay special, and got boots, binding, and board for 50 bucks shipped to my door.

By the end of last season, I was making attempts at the trick parks after about 3 visits to the hill.

This season it's on the doctor's "no-no" list until at least febuary.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
This year was my first time and I went to Breckenridge, CO for 3 days of riding and just got back from Park City, UT for 4 days of riding. Fun trip, blacks weren't bad, did a doubleblack bowl, the superpipe and threw some grabs on the small/med jumps... Great trips overall! With how expensive renting is I'll probably get a board next season.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
you guys are makeing me drool :whoa: I love to snowboard but I havent been able to go this year.... yet :(

Last edited:

yzracer92

Feb 5, 2008
i just went snowboarding a few days ago and f**** up my shoulder hittin the rails. i like snowbaording almost as much as riding dirt bikes. :)

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
BB thats pretty sick for your first time riding. I wanna go to park city so bad. I just got back from chestnut mountain in galena and i am majorly sore. I landed on my butt on a box and messed up my back somehow. I did a few new tricks today. I managed a 360 spin on the box and some other rail tricks. But im going next weekend again.

Top Bottom