SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Today I went snowboarding at my local hill (Red Mountain, 5 minutes from my house ) and had a great day. Everything was awesome except for south facing slopes because the sun had melted the snow then froze again, so it was kinda ugly. I was having an awesome day, doing some simpler tricks (grabs, 180s, etc) as well as practicing doubling and tripling bumps. There was this one double jump that was great, very fast but smooth if you made it. Anyways, on the last run of the day, we decide to go down back trail on Red ( there's two mountains, Red and Granite, Red is steep and pointy, Granite is bigger) so we head off. We go down hitting jumps and having fun, then head along the trail to this double. The way this double works is there is a trail heading through some trees with a small bump, then you hit the next bump as the take off and then a lower bump is the landing, these bumps are around 2-3 feet high. I'm on my snowboard, with two skiers in front of me, we're all moving very fast. The 1st skier, Josh, does the double perfectly, then I'm following very close to the second skier, Tim, and we both catch edges and Tim rolls it. I decide to go for it but forget which bump is the one to take off from, then I finally figure it out too late. I was already committed but didn't have enough speed. I ended up plowing into the face of the landing, HARD. I did about 4 somersaults after making a 2 foot deep crater in the landing and finally stopped, very disoriented. The first thing I here, laughter. I finally get up and go over to them. After that I finished the run and headed home. I'm pretty sore now but nothing serious. I have a bruise on the lower center of my back that's about 6-7 inches long with some smaller ones on my upper back and a stiff neck. Tomorrow I'm going to go up and clear that double again!!

Top Bottom