so cal sat 13 or sun14? red sticker ride?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
I saw the post for the ride up north of I-15, but spark arrestor and green stickers rule me out. anything else doing further south?
hey thumbs: did i read that you are in the same boat as me? this red green thing is nothing short of prejustice!

i went to comp park last sat and really enjoyed it, and it wasnt too busy, i will probably go there again this weekend, but i am open to offers if anything else is going on. if not see you at comp park!

cheers,

bruce

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Just ride baby. Be sure you have a sparky and hit it. My bike has no sticker, and is reg as street legal with a temp. paper only which I carry in my pack. I've ridden up on , stopped and talked to rangers. No one even checked. I can't say it's always like that but I've never been hassled red or green as long as your riding in a sticker legal area. If you are hassled, most rangers will be cool and just make you leave. Thumbs always goes with us and he's red sticker also. secondly, no one' s going to chase you down on the trail. Only if you stop and rest.

Ride on, and don't let the man hold you down :aj:

FYI this weekends ride at cleghorn should be a blast.

Last edited:

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
How does the sticker deal work when you are from out of town. I am just here for a short time and am not sure what I am allowed to do or not.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Honestly, I beleive they have out of area passes/ temp reg., but I've never known anyone to use them. Is your bike registerede in your home state? if so you should pass, or at least play dumb and talk your way through it. If you come out and ride with us on some of the private areas, it doesn't really matter. But you do need a sparky.

If you really want to check it out go here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
scar:

the next thing on my "wish list" is going to be a forest legal spark arrestor and then, like you say i shouldnt have to worry. but by the time i get around to buying one ill bet most of the riding areas will be too hot anyway. :p

until then i am going to keep visiting the local tracks and just get on the bike time. but i will see you soon hopefully, i am looking forward to the ocotillo wells ride that might happen sometime soon.

kaw-boy: want to join me at comp park this weekend? it was cool last saturday and not too busy. by the way, you dont need stickers for any of the tracks, but you sort of "allegedlly" need them to ride in the OHV parks. it is different wherever you go, from what i have heard in some places the rangers dont care if you have stickers or not, but in other areas if you dont have the right sticker you could get a ticket!

cheers, bruce

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham
scar:

the next thing on my "wish list" is going to be a forest legal spark arrestor and then, like you say i shouldnt have to worry. but by the time i get around to buying one ill bet most of the riding areas will be too hot anyway. :p

When it gets hot we ride in Big bear and kennedy meadows AKA up in the mountains. Stickers sparkys req. still. however red and green sticker were ok last year and i beleive still this year. Just get the bolt on sparky tip for $30 or so and come out and join us if you'd like.

unless you prefer to just go in circles on the tracks.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
scar:

i wasnt aware of bolt on sparky tips, any more info like who makes em, who sells em?

thanks

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I don't know off the top of my head, but they are in every DB mag. I see. I'd check the usual local dealers white brothers, chapparell, motoworlracing, 3 brothers, or you favorite parts supplier. They are pretty common. Thumbs has one. But he's gone for the weekend.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Thanks Jeff, i am on the case right now! it even looks like they make em to fit aftermarket mufflers, so my FMF "shorty" might end up getting longer!

cheers, bruce

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
RIDE IN CIRCLES??!! :moon: :moon:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Nice mug shot Elky :p

Its all that police training that makes you like going in circles. or is it because a donut is a circle :p

:moon: back at ya :moon:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey paunchy Ponchorello--(I've been dying to use that one! :debil: )--if you'd come out to play once in awhile in the real world, we wouldn't have to dog you so! :moon:

Top Bottom