JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Anybody want to ride Miller Canyon to Deep Creek on Saturday?

We can go further if you want. I think Miller to Deep Creek passing through Pinnacles is about 35 Miles round trip.

As far as red/green sticker... I was up there 2 weeks ago and spoke to 2 different rangers. 1 only wanted to see some sort of registration and the other didnt even care. I was worried since I have no red or green sticker at all. All was fine

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
My wifes sister is getting married this weekend. I'd rather be on the ride, but I know where I had better be.....
I also traded the Explorer in this weekend, and I don't have a hitch on the new ride yet.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
where is miller canyon/deep creek?? how far from an diego? love to go but my birthday is on the 8th, my wifes on the 9th and the party the 10th.
let me know next time if it's not too far away. 35 miles is about my gas range, not too much more. depending on the terrain it maybe my body range too. :D

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Steve- Miller Canyon is on the east side of Lake Silverwood just off of the 138. Im not sure how far from San Diego but from the junction of the 15 & 10 freeways it would be approx 30-45 minutes depending on traffic through the twisty road.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Bummer can't do it this weekend . I'm free next weekend if you'd like ot go then.

Jeff did your registration go through ok. Mine finally went. But I had to force it.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'm up for it, if it's still on.

Scar, I've got to find out more about your registration. I've had a new wrinkle in mine.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
Bummer can't do it this weekend . I'm free next weekend if you'd like ot go then.

Next weekend is good for me also.

Originally posted by scar tissue
Jeff did your registration go through ok. Mine finally went. But I had to force it.

Nope.... I soon to be a resident of Pahrump, NV ;)

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Hey guys,

I can do next weekend. I've been gone to much lately. I got some more chores to finish up this weekend.

Jeff, whats this about Pahrump?? You leaving sunny Ca?

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I might be open for a ride next weekend. Have to check the old calendar when I get home today. KTM if ya need a hauler for your bike I have room for your bike assuming the family or work doesnt have plans next weekend.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Well it looks like were making plans for next weekend. What day is good for everybody.

Lets plan for sat the 17th. We can meet at the McDonalds on the 15 & 138. 7 or 8???

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
what type of riding is it? need anything speical like spark arrestors or day use pass? are your riding styles aggressive? and will a i slow you down being that im just getting back into riding? how about fuel range?
i have a 90 kx250, not the best fuel range.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
Well it looks like were making plans for next weekend. What day is good for everybody.

Lets plan for sat the 17th. We can meet at the McDonalds on the 15 & 138. 7 or 8???

Jeff. That sounds good to me.

Kx Steve H. The riding is mostly fire roads and some really fun single track. Nothing too difficult. A spark arrester is mandatory. Green sticker is best, red will work. You are not going to slow anybody down, we wait at all of the main intersections until everybody goes through. We havn't left anyone overnight up there in a long time. :eek:

Fuel range should be about 35 miles. If we do a longer loop you can bring a bottle of pre-mix and take some gas from one of the four stroke mother ships. And by the way, Happy Birthday! :D

Hey Elk. You gonna do this one? You been whining about riding up in the mountains, now's your chance. I'll bring the doughnuts. :) :moon:

Who else????

Ol'89r

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Kx Steve H
what type of riding is it? need anything speical like spark arrestors or day use pass? are your riding styles aggressive? and will a i slow you down being that im just getting back into riding? how about fuel range?
i have a 90 kx250, not the best fuel range.

KX

Its mountain trails, some call it tight single track. Mostly fun riding, if you go slow its not very hard, speed increases the challege. Lots of rocks, trees, streams. No huge knarly hills climbs. you should come out and check it out.

Gas range: we've go a few stock 2 smokers that make it 30 miles. If your bikes jetted well you should be fine. If you want to go more distance you can carry an evion bottle full of gas in a back pack. Thats what we do in Kennedy Meadows.

You definatly need a sparky. You can get a clamp on tip for about 30 bucks if you don't have one.

Riding styles + aggressive and relaxed a mix of both. We ride to have fun but all of us have to be at work on Monday. Besides when I ride with the fast guys I usually crash so the slower guys have plenty of time to catch up. :confused:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Okkkk New plan for this weekend.... Pvtjoker and I will be heading out there this Saturday. Im going to ride up with him so if anybody wants to meet up either post here or call me at 909-322-9614. A good meeting spot would be the McDonalds at the 15 & 138 around 8am. Plan on approx 35 mellow miles.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
im going to try and make this one (sat the 17th) , i have the SA/silencer on order (hey it's my b-day, thanks Ol'89r)and it's suppose to be in by thrusday. as far as gas i believe i can make 30-35 miles but anything over that might be a little shakey, not familar with the bike good enough to make a good judment. do you think the jetting will change with the new SA? and what about altitude?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Kx Steve - Your fuel range will be fine but you will more than likely want to rejet for the temps and altitude. Slip on type SA usually don't require jetting changes but if you are getting the actual SA/silencer set up you may need to.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Kx Steve - I almost forgot, you do know that you are going to have to wear "The pink tutu" on this ride. After all you are the new guy and it's the only way to officially become a member of the So. Cal. Wrecking Crew. Have fun.

Top Bottom