So I watch my FIRST complete Baseball game....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
...and it turns out to be the longest in WS history... UGG!!!!

I've stopped on games before while surfing, but have never seen more than a couple innings. I suppose having lived in Chicago for so many years, I've got a soft-spot for the Sox, living in Texas now, just can't pull for the Astros. So yeah, I watched an entire game, all 5.5 hours of it. I saw more spitting in that 5.5 than I have in my entire life. What's up with that? Do they turn a firehose on the dugout after the game? Who's the poor sap that has to clean that thing?

Should I be concerned? I mean it's not contagious is it? Should I be worried about this one night stand? :ohmy:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
As long as you didn't break a toe on your first one Okie, you'll be fine...LOL!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
1 am (bottom of the 13th) I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Then I had dreams (nightmares) that the Sox lost by one, either in the 13th or 14th. Woke up this morning, turned on the tv.... and found out we're up 3-0! :aj:

dante

Mar 24, 2004
That was some crazy game... So many guys left on base, and so many walks!!! It was frustrating at times, but I'm glad the Sox came out on top... I'm from chicago too, but I grew up a cubs fan... In fact I was raised to kinda hate the Sox, but I'm super glad to see the chicago white sox winning... Evan my diehard cubs fan dad is pulling for the sox, and believe me that's amazing!
All the spitting is mostly sunflower seed shells, but sometimes a lil 'ol big league chew... Never thought about that nasty job of cleaning up the dug out, gross...

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Oh sure, They'll televise five and a half hours of unrepentant total boredom in the form of a baseball game but just try and find any well done televised off road racing.

Okie, I don't know how you had the paitence to watch that whole thing. I would need a pre-frontal lobotomy first.

Wintermute
----------------------------------------------------------
If you hold a C shell up to your ear can you hear the ocean?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Wintermute said:
just try and find any well done televised off road racing.

I love motorcycles more than I can describe but even I think off road racing on TV has to be the dullest thing going. The GNCC stuff on OLN is a sure fire cure for insomnia. It's pretty amazing in person but it sure loses something in the translation to TV.

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
I love motorcycles more than I can describe but even I think off road racing on TV has to be the dullest thing going. The GNCC stuff on OLN is a sure fire cure for insomnia. It's pretty amazing in person but it sure loses something in the translation to TV.

Rich,

Have you ever watched GOLF on TV. Two words: Brain Death. Easily the most boring thing on TV.

I will say that the way that most races are televised is pretty awful. The crews make almost zero effort to actually go out to the really tough sections so you just end up seeing the same half dozen guys riding through the same half dozen sections.

OTH I've got a tape of the Peace Pipe enduro that would make better TV than 90% of what they throw out there as "programming."

MX and SX are pretty good TV too as long as its not, yet another, Charmichael run-away.

Observed Trials makes great TV. The obstacles that the world and national guys ride are sick. I love watching people defy the laws of physics.

Wintermute
-------------------------------------------------------
Me in heap trouble. -Tonto the programmer.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Wintermute said:
Observed Trials makes great TV. The obstacles that the world and national guys ride are sick. I love watching people defy the laws of physics.

Agreed. I think indoor Trials events translate to TV best .

B

biglou

You guys are elitist snobs! Don't be haters! :p Seriously, they wouldn't show this stuff if there wasn't a huge market for and money to be made from it. Not for long anyway. Remember, one man's something is another man's something else.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I like when the season is exciting, lots of times while surfin, i'll have an A's game on.. I love the Play Pffs though, espeically if its the WS and it comes down to game 7 bottom of the ninth :aj: Shall we buy you a SOX hat for Christmas?? :laugh:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Cool :) Im kinda hoping the Stros win tonight, make it more exciting.. W/The SOX winning it all, Chi town deserves it :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I can't believe the commish made them play with the roof open! The Stro's wanted it closed and should have been able to play that way. Home field advantage and all yanno. I dont really care who wins the series but I would like to see it go 7 games.
Atleast we have baseball in D.C. again :aj: Sorry to see the Nationals fade away late in the season after starting out so good. But hey, it's all good.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Here we go, bottom of the Ninth, come on ASTROS!! I want another game!! :laugh:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats White Sox.. Hats off too the fans that didnt interfere w/the catch by Juan Uribe :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom