Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
One trip to Jack & Diane's and you'll throw luck out the window RM_guy (right JP?).

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
You can count on me being there. We will need to grow Camp Texas. Hey any work that Brownie needs I am sure some of us N. Texas guys will help as well.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Platinum and I will be there. Already have vacation for that week. We should be arriving late Sunday or early Monday and leaving the following Sunday. Do we still need to check in at your RV?

Got to run, need to start getting things into a pile by the door. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Yeah!! I was hoping we'd have it at Cooperland again in '03!! I'm in!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
^5, Patman! :confused: She was kinda. . .uh, tasty.

I'm there. I gotta sign somethin? Where do I sign? I need to do the RV thing too. It's the only way to fly.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Now that the date is relatively set, I can set my wedding date for Mid June, so that I am back and ready for DW 03 planning in July!!! I am sooo ready for DW03!!!!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'll be there next year as long as i still have a co-pilot. Otherwise i'd still be there now.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I hope he doesn't change the track too much...I really liked it! I can see maybe changing the rhythm section, but other than that I thought it was pretty friendly! Where else can you hit a jump (camel back, step up, whatever) where you can jump just about any distance you want and land soft? I've seen a few, but not shaped as nice as those at Cooperland. I know the track really intimidated a few people, but there are options such as riding the small track or having a designated "beginner time" on the big track. Those that didn't want to climb up the big step up could easilly short cut the track and head up the hill towards the tower. I didn't clear all of the jumps, but appreciated having goals to shoot for (Cooperland had a lot more challenging jumps than LTM).

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
You can count me in again. I thought that DW02 was mad wicked, the trails were a little tight for me but the track couldn't have been better. The Mini track was better then most full size tracks in Missouri. And just in case Brownie is reading don't give us a lame duck track for next year, this year was great. Next year my wife and daughter are going, and we are already planning, getting the vacation time tomorrow. Hoping to meet more people next year and stay for 5 days. :yeehaw: DW03 :yeehaw: here I come.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
4-5 days here I come!!!!!!!!

Phillip

Even if I have to fly out the "Bikes with Lights" and the "Poker Run" is going to be interesting!

Phillip

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
If I whimpout next year there is no hope for me. Put the first money in the jar tonight. All the pictures and post make me even more determined not to miss next year.
Hey PK! Ya done Damn Yankees proud :yeehaw:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I kinda figured that was coming but not quite so soon - damn I haven't even finished washing and putting everything away. Count us in for the full # of days. I do have a couple of ideas (mainly to lighten the load on you and the family so you can enjoy a DW instead of working full time).

Brownie ROCKS, as does Cooperland!

Where are the reg forms??

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Well ......

C'mon man, get that registration form up!

I agree with Spokes and JP on the RV idea.

Cooperland was awesome! Thanks for having us.

wrench

Last edited:

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
I am sure that me and my family will DEFINETLY be there again next year, and maybe even two family friends. I'm soooooo stoked that it's gonna be at Cooperland again, I'm going to try to get out there at least once a month for open practice when I get my license. I'm definetly looking forward to those insane nights around the campfire...

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I'm there! :yeehaw:

Not gonna be left here again. :( If it wasn't for Milk keeping us updated......well, it still sucked, but not nearly as bad as it could have. Thanks bud! :thumb:

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okie

Coop has promised a LOT more (and more technical) trails and to be more involved each day, I'll be dogging Kris to make a DW modified layout of the MX track (knowing him, he'll do it, ie; remove/modify some of the more technical sections to be more DW friendly

We've got a lot of ideas on how to improve DW and we're always open to suggestions, let me know what you think...

Ya know, those are about the only reasons I preferred LTM. If there's going to be a track I can have fun on instead of something I'm gonna worry about getting hurt on, then I'm all for Cooperland next year. I've been reading about all the injuries (and the seriousness of them all) and wondering if it's because we had more people, hence more injuries......or the track being more technical and people who have little track experience riding beyond there limits???

More trails is good too.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Count me in! I was only at DW 02 on Saturday. DW 03 will be at least 3 days. Now I gotta decide if I can live with a blue thumper or go with my favorite color red. :thumb:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Hogwylde

I've been reading about all the injuries (and the seriousness of them all) and wondering if it's because we had more people, hence more injuries......or the track being more technical and people who have little track experience riding beyond there limits???

that's a tough one to figure out. on the practice days that i've ridden there with the "experienced" riders, there seems to be alot of crashes too.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Seems to me, the crashes were in the first Moto of the C Class? I know there were others and not all on the track. It's a case of a track that can be as safe as you want, but can also bite you if you ride over your head. The only change I know (at this point) that I'll ask to be tamed down is the rhythm section. Maybe leave a couple of the obstacles (table-double-table?), but make it a LOT easier to deal with.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
if i were to ride there, i would like to see the landing ramp of the step-up be tapered on the down-side, rather than being so steep. when i flagged there, i saw a guy endo when he clipped the top with his rear wheel and his front wheel didn't have anything to land on. luckily, he got right up and back in the race. i would have taken a trip to the hospital. i saw several other very close calls there.

Top Bottom