desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I'm back and ready to ride...

After a year hiatus and two new additions to the family..

1. Austin James (our 8 week old son)
2. 98' KTM 300EXC

I am ready to hit the trails again.

Anyone up for a ride in Ocotillo Wells. I will be out there on Saturday, Dec. 1 with a couple of guys if you care to join us.

Let me know if you are interested.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Not sure that I can make it but I just wanted to say congrats on both additions. I myself have 2 additions on the way but both are in the oven. ;)
I'm not looking forward to that year hiatus but I AM looking forward to seeing my new babies. :)

How do you like your KTM?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
I'm back and ready to ride...

Welcome back Rex. Congrats on the new additions.

Will be looking forward to riding with you again. Keep an eye on this forum for future rides.

By the way, we took Fred2 on one of our Corona rides. It was pretty exciting.:scream: Ask him about it sometime. He said something about changing his name to 'Lightning rod'....
LOL.

Ol' you-know-who.

Last edited:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I think that I would have had a stroke if you guys really did play the struck by lightening trick on me. :) :)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Thanks Fred.

I tell you what it is the greatest feeling that I have ever had. Wait until they smile at you for the first time. :)

I love my K-Toom. I had a 95' 300 before and it was great. The 98 is even better. I miss the 4 stroke though. I'm gonna have to get one of the 520's one of these days.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Desert_racer,

I just checked out your web-site. All of your bikes are pretty cool but I dug the KD 100 the best. I also started on one of those. I also had a couple KD 175's before I got a 81 KDX 175.

I'm hitting Otay Sunday morning. I can't get out too often with the babies on the way. Although I would like to squeeze in one more Ocotillo run before I go into hibernation.

I'm looking forward to the smiles. :) :)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I was just working on the web site some more tonight. It's so hard to squeeze everything that needs to be done into the small amount of time that seems to be available. Then the wife always hits me with your always online or in the garage or ???????? Gotta love her though. She rides with us sometimes too. Although she doesn't have a bike right now. Maybe when the boy gets old enough to ride.

If you can squeeze in the ride on the 1st let me know I would enjoy meeting another DRN brother.

The smiles are the best:) :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Awesome! Welcome back Rex!! :) Hope to ride with you again soon. I'll look forward to when Angi is back on a bike too. :) Congratulations again. :)

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Hey Aimee. Thanks. It feels great to be back on a bike. You don't realize how much you miss it until you don't get to do it for a while.

See ya soon.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
There is a slight chance I'll make it out there. Where will you be parked? Look for me on a all yellow YZ400 with a yellow dezert tank. Congrats. on the additions!!!!!!:cool:

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Shoot, I may even try to make it. Waiting on my new bars to arive.

If not I hear of an Desert trip for New Years? :)

Hey Fred2(george, chris, paul) how's the twins?:eek: hehe

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
AHHHH MAN!!!! I can't wait till New Years!!!! Friday and Sat at Glamis running around with paddles. Then heading over to Plaster City/Superstition for Sunday, swapping to the knobbie and prerunning. Racing the Dunaway Monday mornign with a friend on his bike, then in the afternoon riding shotgun in a class 7 race truck!! Hoping to spend mid-night if I"m awake still either back at Glamis or over at Ocotillo Wells. Anyone Jealous out there!!:p

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Boys Boys Boys,

We usually meet at the first campsite just to the east of the ranger station. I will be in a Beige GMC 4x4 Extracab Longbed with a DRN sticker in the back window and be riding an orange KTM 300 EXC. I will be wearing my pink tuhtuh (oh sorry, wrong thread)

My friend will be driving a green stepside Ford Ranger also riding a KTM.

We are going to meet at around 9am.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
DR,

I did make it out to Otay on Sunday but I didn't stay long. There wasn't anyone there which isn't really a bad thing. Good and muddy. :p I was happy as a pig in s***. But it was a little too slick in spots. Bottom line I tried to get as muddy as possible and took a pic of the bike when I got back.

Probably won't make it to Otay this weekend. :( :( :( Sounds like a fun crew going and it is always nice meeting fellow DRN'ers. I've met a lot of quality people from here. I'll post here if I'm able to sneak away.

Top Bottom