Socket Sizes ( Tool Box Down Size )

paab

Aug 31, 2006
8,10,12mm work for 90 percent of the things you may need to do on the trail. Plug socket is a good idea, along with a multi-tip screwdriver and pliers. I carry a few different length 8mm flange bolts, a spare footpeg bolt, and a small can of fix-a-flat

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
flyingfuzzball said:
i have found it never hurts to have duct tape.

Which can easily be carried by wrapping a few feet around the handle of a wrench. No sense in brining a bulky 50ft roll in a trail kit.

May 10, 2007
adam728 said:
Which can easily be carried by wrapping a few feet around the handle of a wrench. No sense in brining a bulky 50ft roll in a trail kit.

thats what i meant.

one of those nifty mini c02 things that you can use to inflate a flat. nice and small and real useful.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
flyingfuzzball said:
thats what i meant.

one of those nifty mini c02 things that you can use to inflate a flat. nice and small and real useful.

I just know there's always someone that comes on forums and says carrying duct tape takes up too much space because they never think about this. I have about 3 feet wrapped around my plug wrench.

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
slice it

I used to cut a roll in half, then cut each of those halves in half. The quarter roll is plenty (as if you could ever have enough), and it is already in pieces a few inches long so you don't have to tear it.

Top Bottom