Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
I saw Red Bud on TV yesterday While I don't "love" Stewart or anything, people are giving him a worse rap than he deserves. When he and Windham collided, it was 100% Windhams fault. Bubba had the inside line, and Kevin tried to come in to his line from the outside. Kevin got knocked down because he made a bad move.
But the crowd, most of whom couldn't even see the incident, all got on Kevins side, booed Bubba, and Bubba basically became demoralized and gave up his position. Bubba actually slowed down and waved Kevin by. Then on the podium, he was a total gentleman and apologized for something that was Kevins fault.
Everything I saw contradicts all the negative I've been reading about how imature Bubba is.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
You are correct, all the stuff we read is internet hogwash. I was at Redbud and there was alot of booing going on, trackside and at the podium. Everyone that's new and rising gets booed at some point but Bubba was getting more than he deserved IMHO. Anyway, I just read something he said in an interview about dominating for the next few years. I think supercross 2006 will be his and the outdoors next year will be better than this year turned out, at least I hope so. I like a good race that involves 2 or 3 riders. Have not seen too much of that up front. Course it's still early this year.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I watched it and don't necessarily agree it was 100% Kdubs fault, but certianly not anything wrong by Bubba. I agree with everything else you said.

Bubba is just young and at times a little reckless. At Red Bud his pass on Kdub was the same type of over jump, go for broke pass that landed him on RC.. Had Kdubs line brought him over to the side, Bubba would have landed on him too.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I watched it several times over in slowmo and paused it. Kdub had half a bike length on Bubba going into that berm KDub was leaned over leg out, turning, Bubbas front wheel first hits Kdubs bike about the footpeg. Cant see how in the world you could say it was Kevins fault, BUT I dont think it was too awful of a hit. If it was, Kevin would have been way more mad.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Kdub over jumped that time not Bubba. Kdub was passed a previous lap by Bubba way overjumping so Kdub tried outjumping him this time and it backfired. Kdub was in the air too long and couldn't make it stick. And no matter how early you start the cornering motions, if someone can get that far into the turn ahead of you then you should expect to be passed. Bubba came in fast, braked late and got out quick. Seeing the coverage on TV only re-affirmed that everyone wants to hate Bubba and will take anythign questionable he does and blow it up. Its racing not soap-operas!

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
From what I could see from the TV footage it looked like Bubba ran over a berm or 2 and dropped right into Kdub's line. Hard to tell if it was intentional or he just missed his inside berm. None of that really matters once you start making a reputation for knocking riders down though. Hopefully Bubba will get the message and go out of his way for a while to keep his front wheel clean and get his fan support back. I love to see bar to bar racing but it sucks when that only happens for a corner or two and then someone gets parked.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
I also watched & quickly concluded that Bubba was faster through the corner. Bubba took the line and KDud ran into him and fell over, or KDub chopped his throttle and fell over. Bubba should not have given up his position from what I could see, from the angle I could see it at.
The crowd on the other hand gets to see it very differently, not always better, actually rarely better. Add alcohol, heavy sun exposure, scantily clad bike loving babes, high speed/flying bike action in every direction everywhere and we have a verdict without a jury.

These are professional racers and they are paid big $ to entertain us. Well actually to win races and that sells bikes, but when a rider shows aggressive none sportsman like conduct in the majority of his events, WE take action and voice or BOO our disapproval even before the details or true analyzable facts are available.

He cleans up his act, rides in a professional, sportsman like manor and we will applaud him when he takes the line right out from under #14 or #4 or whoever, but till then he will get boos even from his fans (“ME)… Take that 2 stroke to the front Bubba but respect the level of professionalism in the field, only then can you challenge for 1st.

Another beer Bar-keep!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Looked to me like Bubba pulled the same move that short did on Hepler to win SX a while back. Short admitted it was dirty when he did it and Bubba apologized for doing it this time. If it was 100% Windhams fault, then why did Bubba apologize so profusely?

If Bubba had the inside line, then why did he go all the way across the track instead of completing the turn. Anybody can pin the gas and drive through the curve taking out someones front wheel. I am not saying it was intentional, but looks like another of several rookie moves on James' part.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It's a shame there was only one camera angle. But then again, I guess there isn't much sense dwelling on it.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I just lost a lot of respect for Whinedham. :ahhh:

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
nephron said:
I just lost a lot of respect for Whinedham. :ahhh:
Why? :think:

Did anyone notice how easily Windham went down? He started "paddling" before contact was even made. Bubba had the inside, but he didn't stay inside. He went across both inside and outside berms. It didn't look like anyone's fault to me... it's just racing. At least Bubba has put some excitement into these boring 450 motos.

Bubba didn't deserve the boo's, and made an attempt to be classy about it. He waves Windham by, and takes a lower spot on the box. He's putting in his dues, and I'm tired of hearing about what a reckless rider he is before any of these people even SEE the event. People's minds are made up before they are witness to it. Cheerleaders for failure, IMO.
Ryan

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Why is that? I haven't heard Windham whining about the incident. So far it looks like Kdub will be #2 and Bubba may not even make the top ten outdoors (even after all of his aggressive riding) Of course if Bubs had that 450 RC's streak would have ended 2 years ago the way JBS tells the story.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Of course if Bubs had that 450 RC's streak would have ended 2 years ago the way JBS tells the story.
Quotes please?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Okie, you're acting like Bubba's lawyer. But wait, I'm going to say something nice about the kid; you might want to sit down. I saw the Red Budd Windham incident on TiVo, over and over again. It wasn't anybody's fault, just racing. Bubba didn't deserve the boos. Yes, Bubba did drift from the inside rut to the next one outside, but the ruts were extremely close together, and I doubt Windham could have made it by even if they had both maintained course. It wasn't a take-out move, it was just racing. Bad luck for Bubba. How could things get worse for him? What's next, jumping on top of a guy?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well i just watched it on tv and think it was a racing accident, from the angle you see they both look to be heading for the same place and dont see each other-i think they both felt the other one was going to back off.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
That is very cool! Thanks for posting, sir!

:cool:

cuttyinjapan

Jul 20, 2005
I really cant believe the crapolla that happened with the crowd booing etc..Bubba is a great entertainer and if you ask me from what I saw it was all just racing - he should have pinned it back and said goodbye to Kdub.

It made me laugh when I listened to Kdubs podium speech - something like " yeah I really worked hard to get by Bubba the second time". Doesnt he realise that Bubba waved him through?? The crowd should be ashamed of the way they acted - FORKEN REDNECKS.

Top Bottom