XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I have today off (all Fridays, for that matter) and I said to my little buttercup, "Buttercup, let's go get us a new flag."

I guess its a good sign of our patriotism when I go out to as many stores as I can think of, and all flags are sold out (even Wal-Mart!)

Another item: I heard earlier this week (may have even been Wednesday) that all armed forces recruitment centers are backed up with new volunteers.

America is alive and well, my friends. She may have a big, black eye, but she's ready to fight.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's amazing... I was lucky to find 3 at the local Sears Hardware.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
The company I work for bought 250 flags to give to our clients today. We called at least 10 flag stores before we could find one that was not sold out.

Everyone at work has proudly placed one in their office or work area. I put my flag in the back of my truck. It's mounted on top of the front of the bed just behind the rear window. One quick glance in the rearview mirror and there she is in all her might...........OLD GLORY waving in the wind.

It gives me chills............

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
For a hardcore shot in the arm of patriotism, I rented the movie Saving Private Ryan. Those soldiers depicted, definitely made a sacrifice for freedom. Going flag shopping soon.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
In the high schools here a few years ago they took out The Pledge of Allegiance as something done in the morning. This year the principal reinstated it. My wife (a teacher) leads the pledge every morning. Until Wednesday morning no more than a couple of students would repeat it with her and even they would just mumble it. Wednesday every student stood tall proud and repeated it loudly. It is sad it took this tragedy to make them think about all they have and how important and great this country is. Hopefully they will continue to gain understanding in what sacrafices our ancestors made and at what price this countries freedom was gained.
I think I'll rent The Patriot this weekend.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
HiG4s - I don't think our kids should say the pledge until they turn eighteen, the time you are considered an adult and can vote.

One day, I will say the pledge to the nation (even though in heart and spirit I am pledged already), and that day will be of great significance to me. I will make that pledge once, and only once, and never again. This is how significant and important it will be to me. My word is my bond, my honor, my life.

The importance of the pledge is such, that you should only say it once, and only on a significant once in a lifetime occasion.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
HiGs4- Your pledge story got me--:( I sense a lot of anger and emotions running high, even here on the boards.
I was out at 5 this morning hanging my flag, and was disappointed this afternoon when I drove through the neighborhood---4 others .........

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
HiG4s - I don't think our kids should say the pledge until they turn eighteen, the time you are considered an adult and can vote.

One day, I will say the pledge to the nation

Are we thinking of the same pledge, Bundu? Being a furner, maybe you're thinking of something different.

This is what I used to say every morning when I was in school:

The Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Predator2 tells me they've started saying it every day again this week.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Predator2 tells me they've started saying it every day again this week.
Now that is good news.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator

The Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible,

Thats worth seeing again, and again, and again...

The last line says it all IMO, considering the events of this week.

Top Bottom